HELP!! Need 2 more inches of lift !!

Tom-Teezy

Reaction score
I have a 2012 f250 on a rancho 4" radius arm kit with a 2.5" leveling kit ! I'm wondering is there anyway to possibly get 2 more inches without having to buy a whole new kit ! Could I just get a 6" coil and keep my spacer ? I have an adjustable trac bar already !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TripleE44

Reaction score
No.

To do it right you're going to need shocks, maybe a new drop pitman arm, new radius arms/4-link/3-link, sway bar drops or extensions, blocks for the rear in addition to the coils. You could probably get a 8'' coil for the price of the 6'' coil and you wouldn't have to be be messing with a spacer. You may even need a new set of brake lines.

Tom-Teezy

Reaction score
No.

To do it right you're going to need shocks, maybe a new drop pitman arm, new radius arms/4-link/3-link, sway bar drops or extensions, blocks for the rear in addition to the coils. You could probably get a 8'' coil for the price of the 6'' coil and you wouldn't have to be be messing with a spacer. You may even need a new set of brake lines.

So with new pitman arm, sway bar drops and the coil I could do the front ? And the radius arms I have now wouldn't wrk ? The rear is an easy fix . And the shocks I have now will wrk with a 6" lift and I have extension brackets on the bottom of the shocks now that ads about 2 inches .

TripleE44

Reaction score
So with new pitman arm, sway bar drops and the coil I could do the front ? And the radius arms I have now wouldn't wrk ? The rear is an easy fix . And the shocks I have now will wrk with a 6" lift and I have extension brackets on the bottom of the shocks now that ads about 2 inches .

Assuming your trac bar adjusts out far enough for that much lift, then that would really be all you needed, unless I'm having a brain fart at the moment and forgetting.

The radius arms would work in the sense that they would bolt on there, but you're likely going to run into problems gettin enough castor in your alignment to make it driveable. You gotta remember, they designed those for 4'' of lift above the factory specs. You can't just add 4 more inches and expect that to work.

If I were you and kept wanting to go higher, I would get some sort of adjustable replacement. That way when you decide you want to throw that spacer on top of you 8'' coil you're already prepared in that area. PMF's 3 link is what I have on my truck currently, and I would definitely recommend that or their 4 link for what you're doing. Either of those will also help ride quality substantially. No way I'd just buy a fabtech or rancho or whatever radius arm, especially when its likely you'll end up higher later based on your current track record.

Tom-Teezy

Reaction score
Assuming your trac bar adjusts out far enough for that much lift, then that would really be all you needed, unless I'm having a brain fart at the moment and forgetting.

The radius arms would work in the sense that they would bolt on there, but you're likely going to run into problems gettin enough castor in your alignment to make it driveable. You gotta remember, they designed those for 4'' of lift above the factory specs. You can't just add 4 more inches and expect that to work.

If I were you and kept wanting to go higher, I would get some sort of adjustable replacement. That way when you decide you want to throw that spacer on top of you 8'' coil you're already prepared in that area. PMF's 3 link is what I have on my truck currently, and I would definitely recommend that or their 4 link for what you're doing. Either of those will also help ride quality substantially. No way I'd just buy a fabtech or rancho or whatever radius arm, especially when its likely you'll end up higher later based on your current track record.

Where's a good place to get a 4 or 3 link ? And how about doing a dual shock bracket ? Can u run a spacer on the coil w that setup ?

TripleE44

Reaction score
Where's a good place to get a 4 or 3 link ? And how about doing a dual shock bracket ? Can u run a spacer on the coil w that setup ?

I'd say Precision Metal Fab, which is where I got mine. You can PM Trevor on here (username NotStock) or I think their site is pmfsuspension.com. They actually have all the parts you need to stretch your kit, except they only offer a 7'' icon coil.

Dual shock bracket, from what I know, is more of a looks thing. I think you'd be much better off buying a nice 2.5'' shock like an Icon or King or whatever.

Tom-Teezy

Reaction score
I'd say Precision Metal Fab, which is where I got mine. You can PM Trevor on here (username NotStock) or I think their site is pmfsuspension.com. They actually have all the parts you need to stretch your kit, except they only offer a 7'' icon coil.

Dual shock bracket, from what I know, is more of a looks thing. I think you'd be much better off buying a nice 2.5'' shock like an Icon or King or whatever.

Only prob w the coil over is $$$$ ! So if I did the bracket could I still run a coil and spacer or is that outta the question ?

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Youg not going to be happy with what your doing man, just a heads up.

Like E44 said, you really need to do it right

Also, the Icon kits to NOT accomodate dropping your facotry steering stabilizer mount from the frame as well, so you will have to accomodate that.

I just set my 13 at 8". I would do Icon Radius Arm Drops and the OUO Adjustable Link Arm Set up, its the best upgrade you can do for your truck. The Track bar will also need a drop bracket, a full hardware kit obviously, w/ sway drops and a pitman arm

TripleE44

Reaction score
I just said a nice shock. Not necessarily a coilover. Maybe something like this like I had on my last truck:
C-D1B4-449C-B856-8CC6412844C5-526-000000FE4BF300D5.jpg

The dual shock thing just seems like a waste and too much of a "hey look I got more shocks than you" thing to me. I don't even know who makes a dual shock option for the newer trucks to be honest though man.

Tom-Teezy

Reaction score
I just said a nice shock. Not necessarily a coilover. Maybe something like this like I had on my last truck:
C-D1B4-449C-B856-8CC6412844C5-526-000000FE4BF300D5.jpg

The dual shock thing just seems like a waste and too much of a "hey look I got more shocks than you" thing to me. I don't even know who makes a dual shock option for the newer trucks to be honest though man.

Procomp makes one and I have bilstein 5160s now and I want duals up front and out back . I like the look of shocks everywhere haha .

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.