help on performance/fuel milage

southerncomfort

Reaction score
ok so im getting bored and when i get bored i start dumping money into my baby. I have a 97 f350 sc lb and have a few mods nothing major but money is tight and im not about to ask the wife for some cash for injectors or a bigger turbo....not going down that road again, lol. some of you may know what im talking about. anyways back to the subject what are some good proven diy mods i can do to spruce up my truck. i have searched the diy topics and yes have came up with some ideas but then again i haven"t heard anything on performance or fuel econ. so im turning to all of you and hope there's someone that can help.and once again i know there"s no real"cheap" mods to do to a diesel but what do ya'll have to say. if you have a good idea on a diy idea please, please let me know along with a link or a good step by step write up with experience and info on what it will improve. thanks guys for everything, with out ya'll my stroker would have neve made it in diesel power mag!!!:poke:

Whytry

Reaction score
Paint some stuff lol I have done the rustulem on my truck for pretty cheap and it looks good. for fuel milage you have to play with that. stock tires etc different chip settings so on so on. Another question is what is done to the truck?

southerncomfort

Reaction score
i have it sitting stock at the moment on the factory alcoa's, 3" dp, 4" straight pipe, 17* modded intake, wildman chip thats about it on performance/fuel econ.

Whytry

Reaction score
Well you got most of the cheap ones lol try different settings on it and different driving. I did that and I get about 16 mpg which is horrible I dont think.

southerncomfort

Reaction score
well lol believe it or not but i get about 18-20 in town and 23-26 on hwy. so im doing good in economy just thought it could get better or something for the horse power end of things. lol "I wanna go fast" lol my driving as my wife says is like an old man well untill some jackass pulls up trying to look cool then the hot tune leaves them in a cloud of black smoke checking out my rearend.

Whytry

Reaction score
Got you I guess the next thing really for you is fuel or air maybe springs studs pushrods. that mialge is pretty dang good

Latest posts

Members online