Help! SCT "Vehicle not supported"

Humphrey99

Reaction score
I just got a 9625OR SCT Livewire. I plugged it into the computer and got the updates off the website, just like it said to do. Then I plug it into the truck and try to connect and I get an error "Vehicle not supported". Of course I'm doing this outside SCT support hours so I can't talk to anyone there, so I went to the website and found something about having Ford update to the "latest P30 read strategy version". So I called the dealership and they gave me the latest "calibration" for the ECM. Tried the tuner again and same error. Anyone know what is going on here? Is this P30 read strategy something different from what the dealership is calling "calibration"? Any help would be great. Without talking to SCT (which isn't open back up until Monday) I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!!!

Humphrey99

Reaction score
Yes. That was the first thing I did when I took it out of the box, just like I said above. I don't have any custom tunes yet so I was just going to try to run the canned ones just so I could put on my DPF delete exhaust until I get some Gearhead tunes.

Underneath the error, it gives me "Vehicle code FS0Q00
TQJF4"

I'm wondering now if this is because of one of the updates to the canned tune and if I just work with Matt at Gearhead, if he can tune for it?

Humphrey99

Reaction score
No, haven't called them yet, but I was going to. Thought I'd put the question out here first to see if anyone else has had this problem and knew what to do.

Latest posts

Members online