Help tracking down oil leak

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
Well my truck has been leaking alot of oil lately as I've been driving. Enough that the sides and back of truck have oil on them as well as cars behind me on the freeway. The valley is wet and it has wetness on the front side of the hpop.

My question is what is in the hpop as far as o rings and things that could leak this much oil. Pedestal o rings are like 3 months old and the firewall behind the turbo is dry so it seems to be running down the valley and on the top of the trans to me, being as the trans is no longer purple lol.

Sent from my Note 3

JMart

Reaction score
This is where my 7.3 was leaking an it took me awhile to figure it out.
Untitled.jpg

This is standing on the drivers side looking down at the hpop. Mine was leaking bad enough I had oil on my tailgate.

That plug has an o ring on it that looked good when I pulled it out but didn't leak after I replaced it. Its some kind of check valve that is only open when the truck is cold but it sure can leak a lot before it warms up.

When I cleaned that area up and started the truck it took all of 5 seconds to be covered in oil again. I could watch it pouring out.

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
This is where my 7.3 was leaking an it took me awhile to figure it out.
Untitled.jpg

This is standing on the drivers side looking down at the hpop. Mine was leaking bad enough I had oil on my tailgate.

That plug has an o ring on it that looked good when I pulled it out but didn't leak after I replaced it. Its some kind of check valve that is only open when the truck is cold but it sure can leak a lot before it warms up.

When I cleaned that area up and started the truck it took all of 5 seconds to be covered in oil again. I could watch it pouring out.

What's the name of that o ring?

Sent from my Note 3

JMart

Reaction score
PLUNGER - PRESSURE REGULATOR
Part #: F4TZ6674A

When I ordered it through Ford in January, it was $4.

You can see it is 6674 at the top of this pic.
RenderIllustration.ashx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online