HELP!! Trans Tuning

Six7Lyfe

Reaction score
I have a 2010 6.4 that I recently put a mini maxx on. First I downloaded the Easy tunes and then realized that will not work with the EGR ******d. So Im going to download the Mild tunes, any suggestions on what trans tuning I should use? Is it true that when in Tow Haul mode the trans tuning does not change from stock, even if you have loaded other trans tuning? The truck will be towing a lot, I just need to be able to run on the stock power level with a stock or close to stock trans tune when I'm towing.

sootie

Reaction score
Correct on the tow/haul. If you are running in the stock setting, just use tow/haul and you will be fine. For regular driving around, s2m seemed to be pretty good but it all depends on gearing and tire size.

If you really want to love the truck, buy the MCC unlock code and get some custom tunes from gear head. He has the best shifting out there for six fours. Cleanest tunes with the most power too. Load based shifting can't be beat...

Six7Lyfe

Reaction score
The S1M is what Im running, at first it shifted into 2 and 3 pretty hard. I didnt do the trans relearn and it seems to be getting better the more i drive it. Tow Haul shifts harder than before it was tuned, Im always in stock power setting with the tow haul mode too. Im going to run it a few more weeks and see how it does.

Latest posts

Members online