Help truck dead in the water

Azraie218

Reaction score
Hey guys.

So I have a problem, I was changing some custom tunes on my mini max in my 2013 power stroke and as it was in the down loading tune phase the truck got shut off, I go t start it no start, I try and re download the tune and can't cause it just sits at the initialize communication screen even with the key turned on, I messed around by tuning the key all the way like I was going to start the truck and it got me in to the install menu once I get back that it says error changing directory..... I'm not sure what I do now or if any one has ever seen this before

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Hey guys.

So I have a problem, I was changing some custom tunes on my mini max in my 2013 power stroke and as it was in the down loading tune phase the truck got shut off, I go t start it no start, I try and re download the tune and can't cause it just sits at the initialize communication screen even with the key turned on, I messed around by tuning the key all the way like I was going to start the truck and it got me in to the install menu once I get back that it says error changing directory..... I'm not sure what I do now or if any one has ever seen this before

its possible the PCM/TCM got wiped out when the key was turned off while downloading the tune.

At what part of the download did it get turned off at?

is the instrument cluster flashing all kinds of errors/lights when the key is turned to the run position? is the mileage blank?

If all the above was yes its most likely wiped and you will need to try to get the PCM/TCM recovered with IDS or the dealer,if that doesn't work then you will have to purchase a new PCM and TCM.

If no lights are flashing/errors popping on the instrument cluster and its like normal you can try to jump the starter to see if it will start.

can you check for codes with the mini?

Does the gear position indicator turn on when the key is turned on?

Azraie218

Reaction score
It was turned off in the beginning In between the ecm being downloaded and when it says what TCM tune you want to pick. It was flashing all kind of errors and lights but the mileage was still there, I went on to my tuner updated and updated the tune it showed some of the Stuff was missing, went and re plugged it in some how got passed the initializing communication screen by turning the key like I was going to start it up dated the firmware and proceeded with recovery and it worked. Thanks for the helps man I appreciate it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
It was turned off in the beginning In between the ecm being downloaded and when it says what TCM tune you want to pick. It was flashing all kind of errors and lights but the mileage was still there, I went on to my tuner updated and updated the tune it showed some of the Stuff was missing, went and re plugged it in some how got passed the initializing communication screen by turning the key like I was going to start it up dated the firmware and proceeded with recovery and it worked. Thanks for the helps man I appreciate it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome that's better than buying a new PCM/TCM.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.