onebad7.3

Reaction score
Truck will turn over but not start, theses are the codes
codes
P0284
P0611

GIZMO6.0

Reaction score
I have been talking with KEM about getting a FICM setup. But I also like the tuner's from PHP where I could swap between tunes.

I have a blank FICM so that is why I am leaning towards KEM and letting him build a full tune from scratch for it.

onebad7.3

Reaction score
I went to Ford and was just going to get a new one, but they didn't have any. They said if I put a new one on, I need to take the truck in and have them re-program it. Is that true or a bunch of bs?

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Not sure what he meant by "reprogramming" it as you should be able to just throw it in and fire her up......but they are trying to pull something like that, then might has well just get yourself a custom tuned one, you'll be glad you did

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
whole ficms come blank.

if its just a voltage issue,u could buy the repair half from ford to fix it..

mortal798

Reaction score
New ones do come blank and need to have the factory calibration installed. My soon to be brother-in-law just got one from Power Hungry and is very pleased. They are also doing the tuning on his Edge.

He has an 07CCLB 350.

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
I went to Ford and was just going to get a new one, but they didn't have any. They said if I put a new one on, I need to take the truck in and have them re-program it. Is that true or a bunch of bs?
I'm curious, how much did they want for a new one? Depending on their price you may be better of sending yours into Swamps for repair and getting a PHP tune on it while it's there.

Kyle, what does the repair half run? ballpark.

edit: Another question, do the FICMs have to be VIN matched to the ECM in order not to throw a code?

Latest posts

Members online