HELP!! WHICH LIFT KIT?! 2013 Platinum

Padoo

Reaction score
So i have looked at a few different lifts but i need gurus knowledge on the matter! I like the
fabtech 8" with aftermarket radius arms with fox shocks.
Icon 7" stage 1 with their shocks (keeps stock radius arms)
BDS 8" 4 link (comes with poo shocks)

Here lies the problem, my girlfriend said she wants the ride to remain the same as stock! If not better! I will have 22x14 forces with 37 toyos. HELP!! What kit do you all recommend if its none of the above?!

P.S MY BUDGET IS $3500 for complete lift

Layson

Reaction score
I would do an Icon.

Skip the crazy wheel and tire package and save yourself some money. Nomatter what you do that wheel and tire package will be a big negative to your ride quality.

bhudson

Reaction score
I think your budget is low on money for what you want to do. Just get some 20×10s with some 35s or something and a decent lift kit.

Layson

Reaction score
It is in a way. When you spend 2k on your tires and those wear out and then spend what 4k or more on wheels.

For the price of the stage 1 Icon lift kit you could add traction bars to it.

Padoo

Reaction score
My budget is $3500 for lift only. Wheels and tires are already bought. I spoke to Trevor and decided on the alpha series 7" with 3link/traction bars dual steering stabilizer with fox shocks and i picked up some icon 2.5 resis for cheap for the front, I think itll be a winner!

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I only went 3" but run the same parts except for shocks. I run Fox 2.5 resis all the way around with 2.0's for the stabilizer. You won't be disappointed.

There's nothing uglier on a Ford to me than a radius arm drop bracket. Glad you didn't go that route.

Layson

Reaction score
No way I would do a lift that keeps the OEM radius arms.

Well I would prefer a kit that isn't going to lock up the rear of the truck and make it ride bouncy/stiffer in the rear. That traction bar setup locks up the rear end of the truck and acts as a giant sway bar. You know that first hand when you tried to droop out the rear axle on your truck to install your rear shocks. You had to jack the shocks into place since your traction bars were keeping your leaf springs from fully drooping out.

So I would take a kit that was designed as a system from a suspension company that utilized stock radius arms over the other lift kit suggested. I know that kit is going to produce a nice ride quality and the OP is going to be happy with it and its in his budget. It also can be upgraded down the road when the funds become available.

As far as the stock radius arms goes. I would still take them over what you have. Ask Dan if you ever want to know the reason why. I am sure he knows.

Jomax

Reaction score
I only went 3" but run the same parts except for shocks. I run Fox 2.5 resis all the way around with 2.0's for the stabilizer. You won't be disappointed.

There's nothing uglier on a Ford to me than a radius arm drop bracket. Glad you didn't go that route.

To get the suspension to work properly, you need a drop bracket for the radius arms... Will it work without it, sure. Will it work right In the whole suspension cycle, no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
If you have any questions at all I would be glad to answer. I'm out of the office today but should be back tomorrow. You can email me.

I have a good list of items I sub for icons components to make the best bang for the buck lift that will outperform anything suggested here. I can also give you a check list of thing you can have for your to do list to improve the lift as you go as well

Jared - OUO
[email protected]

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Well I would prefer a kit that isn't going to lock up the rear of the truck and make it ride bouncy/stiffer in the rear. That traction bar setup locks up the rear end of the truck and acts as a giant sway bar. You know that first hand when you tried to droop out the rear axle on your truck to install your rear shocks. You had to jack the shocks into place since your traction bars were keeping your leaf springs from fully drooping out.

So I would take a kit that was designed as a system from a suspension company that utilized stock radius arms over the other lift kit suggested. I know that kit is going to produce a nice ride quality and the OP is going to be happy with it and its in his budget. It also can be upgraded down the road when the funds become available.

As far as the stock radius arms goes. I would still take them over what you have. Ask Dan if you ever want to know the reason why. I am sure he knows.
Ask Dan what actually happened when we installed my shocks then maybe you'll know what you're talking about. The bars didn't lock up a damned thing. Dan didn't have a tall enough floor jack and the rear end hit the ground before full droop. I even tried adding blocks to get the rear high enough to fully extend everything.
I have no issues with you but know your facts about my truck before you try to use it as an example. Right now you're full of sh!t.
You can't mention PMF around here without the haters flooding the threads...it's fully expected anymore.

Last edited:

DC@Special

Reaction score
Hi guys, I see you missed me. I'm Dan so I'll ask myself what happened as suggested..

We did fully jack up your truck, Rich. We placed my Norco stands underneath your hitch and fully drooped your rear axle, but the shocks wouldn't line up. So, it was either pull the bars or jack up on the shock. So, we jacked the shocks to compress them for install.
Didn't even have to pull your tires like we did in the front to be able to droop it out more.

Hope this clears things up

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Hi guys, I see you missed me. I'm Dan so I'll ask myself what happened as suggested..

We did fully jack up your truck, Rich. We placed my Norco stands underneath your hitch and fully drooped your rear axle, but the shocks wouldn't line up. So, it was either pull the bars or jack up on the shock. So, we jacked the shocks to compress them for install.
Didn't even have to pull your tires like we did in the front to be able to droop it out more.

Hope this clears things up

Why do you always have to be such an asshole when you post..

Padoo

Reaction score
Now now fellas, lets play nice lol so i finally decided on the PMF kit and going to powdercoat it to match the truck. My $3500 budget was surpassed just a tad and all said n done will be about $5400 in. I think itll be worth it though! Pics to follow soon as its finished!

Latest posts

Members online