help white smoke and running rough.

strokinKR

Reaction score
Just picked the truck up from getting my lift taken off and put it to th
HTML:
e floor then it started hesitating then pouring white smoke maybe with a hint of blue. Idles rough. No codes. No sign of diesel in the oil. Is this just an injector or did I kill a piston too? Also has a hissing sound by my feet under boost. Egts are a lot higher also.

black6.4

Reaction score
Last one i seen with a cracked piston made a nice popping sound out the tailpipe...used a borescope to look before i pulled heads sign was pretty obv goodluck

strokinKR

Reaction score
Yeah I did the oil cap test. Blew off chugs like a train. So I got routed for 12-13k to get a shortblock put in and said about the same to get it rebuilt. Does that sound about right?

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
Where are you getting the short block from? How many miles on the hpfp? I did a long block & all new injectors & after the nickel, dimes things that end up needing replaced it cost me around $15k, that was only being charged $1k for labor.

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
I feel ya, mine sat for about 3 months. Got it back & got about 3 months use out of it the turbos let go. It was approaching winter so I just let it sit till spring & did a set of torque tows & a new hpfp, which I'd suggest doing yours as well when the time comes.

Latest posts

Members online