HELP with Fox 2.0 with reservoir mounting!!!

crat996

Reaction score
I got some Fox 2.0 shocks with the reservoirs and for the life of me can't figure out where or how to mount the reservoir. I tried to use the clamps they came with and rotate them toward the back of the truck but they can only turn so far before hitting the shock/spring bucket that the coils and shock sit in (if that makes sense..?) The tires can't turn far enough either way without hitting the reservoirs. Are they supposed to be turned in to mount between the coil and the shock? I didn't try that because it didn't look right. I called Fox and the hove no pictures or drawings or any freaking clue how to mount them either!!!???!! They sent me some mounts and clamps to mount them to the frame but i have to drill holes in the frame to do that. I haven't tried to see how the brackets mount up but I think the hose might be too short for this option.

Please help a brother out! Pics would be super helpful!! Thanks

CUZICAN

Reaction score
The difference may be the offset of the wheels, since mine are 12 wides, but mine clear fine.

Attachments

• 20150727_184053.jpg
    20150727_184053.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 253

Towerguy

Reaction score
Another option is Carli's reservoir mounting brackets. They sandwich between the coil spring insulator and the bucket, the reservoir is mounted horizontally right next to the insulator. They are available by themselves, not just part of a kit.

Reaction score
Yeah they will rub on stock wheels or 0 to possitive offset wheels. not much you can do about that without purchasing a frame mount from PMF or something like that.

Jomax

Reaction score
Carli makes a bracket where they attach to the top of the coil bucket. I believe other companies do aswell.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Another option is Carli's reservoir mounting brackets. They sandwich between the coil spring insulator and the bucket, the reservoir is mounted horizontally right next to the insulator. They are available by themselves, not just part of a kit.

Beat me to it lol.

Reaction score
Part of the problem with the off the shelf Fox reservoirs is the hoses are pretty short and don't have much flex in them, might be hard to get them to reach the frame or work with that carli mount.

crat996

Reaction score
Part of the problem with the off the shelf Fox reservoirs is the hoses are pretty short and don't have much flex in them, might be hard to get them to reach the frame or work with that carli mount.

This would have been good to know before I spent over $2000 on a suspension that looks half assed put together...:fustrate::fustrate::fustrate: These shocks were suggested by you and I assumed that these would be the better option than the Icon kit.

crat996

Reaction score
I called Fox and the supposedly looked for 2 days for pictures or drawings of those shocks for my truck and could not find anything. What kind of company sells a product and doesn't have any kind of information from it or instructions on how to install it on the vehicle. After talking to the tech support guy, they sent me a frame bracket and of course it's not going to work because the hose is too short.

crat996

Reaction score
The difference may be the offset of the wheels, since mine are 12 wides, but mine clear fine.

Your hose looks like it's twice the length of mine. Mine is maybe 4" long so there aren't many mounting options for me.

Jomax

Reaction score
This would have been good to know before I spent over $2000 on a suspension that looks half assed put together...:fustrate::fustrate::fustrate: These shocks were suggested by you and I assumed that these would be the better option than the Icon kit.

Did you buy the kit from Josh?

Reaction score
Icon would have had the same problem. Its your wheel setup that is limiting it. I stand by my suggestion of Fox shocks being the best ride for the money. If you have oversize tires on stock wheels thats the problem that your having, not the shocks. The black clamps that come with the shocks work very well and look great.

crat996

Reaction score
I wish I would've known the shocks wouldn't work with my setup because I wouldn't have gotten the ones with the reservoirs. Not one time was anything mentioned about clearance issues. Even with stock tires there's no way they would've cleared the reservoirs.

crat996

Reaction score
This is how it sits right now. I fuc&@ng hate how it looks but I honestly don't know what else to do with it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 260

crat996

Reaction score
It's hard to see but this is the farthest I can turn the shock and the tire has about 4 more inches to turn once it contacts the shock.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 209

austin229

Reaction score
What did you ever figure out on this? I have stock 20s and 37s and was going with the same shocks untill I saw this

Reaction score
Ill try to get a picture but its all about the reservoir placement guys. I just did this morning a 2015 Platinum F250. Icon 2.5 Springs and Fox Reservoirs. If you place the reservoirs right they will not even come close to the tire.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Why not rotate the hose and mount the resi to he shock body itself. Problem solved.

Edit, one picture you have the shock mounted to the fender liner it looks like. The next it is clamped to the body?

Clamping to the body has never had a contact issue for me

What did you ever figure out on this? I have stock 20s and 37s and was going with the same shocks untill I saw this

You will be fine. The issue is with the location of the resi. Rotate the resi so that it is parallel with the shock and in line while looking at it from the wheelwell. Somewhat hard to word, but from his 2nd picture above you should rotate the resi itself to the right (towards the coil spring). The resi will be in line with the shock (blocking it while looking in from the wheelwell. This should fix your clearance issue even at full articulation.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online