Help with no crank please

C4 6.0

Reaction score
Ok had the truck running and it started to idle a little high suddenly and tow haul light started flashing. (This is all sitting still in park). Put truck in drive and it kind of lunged forward probably do the higher idle. Turned truc off and won't even crank at all. Nothing happens except one click. Checked all fuses and seem to be good. Truck will fire right up if I put key in on and unhook starter wire on passenger side and touch it battery. Any thoughts? Thanks!!!!!

C4 6.0

Reaction score
Not in the last year. Replaced tranny myself last December. Just had new oil cooler put in couple weeks ago.

C4 6.0

Reaction score
Any idea about the transmission range sensor? Assuming it has one anyways? Won't crank in neutral or park.

G Racing

Reaction score
It does have a neutral safety switch. The first thing to check is the ignition wire to the starter. With the key turned over you should have 12+ volts. If not then you need to test that wire for a break. It could also be the neutral safety switch or the ignition switch. With the of light flashing I would bet that it will be the neutral safety switch. I would start there.

Latest posts

Members online