Help with Radio and Subs

_DieselPower_

Reaction score
Hey guys I got a 99 Superduty that Im looking to put subs into. I dont know much about them though. I have a 1200 watt amp with 2 10in Sony Xplode subs. I dont need both in my truck I just want 1. So the problem is that I want to build a box that will fit under my seats in an extended cab. I know that subs work off air pressure. I have no idea how big to make the box or what materials to make it outta. I dont have any of the wiring so Im hoping someone can help me with that as well.
I have an aftermarket radio in it but was looking to buy a large touch screen one for cheaper than Best Buy prices but I cant seem to find anywhere online that reliable.
Any Input would be appreciated

bad12jr

Reaction score
You can search online and see what its air requirements are and if it needs ported or sealed. MDF board is what most are made out of.
Wiring is easy as most radios have pre outs for the sub already as well as a remote amp turn on wire. Then just run your wires from the battery. Crutchfeld.com and many auto parts stores sell whole amp wiring kits for reasonable. There may be other online places cheaper buy I've always had good luck with them and great customer service.

Sent from my x2 chillin in the middle of no where

Latest posts

Members online