Help

Black04Ram

Reaction score
Alright, this morning driving down the road to work, driving normal then start to roll into the throttle and get the turbo surge, so i let out and run in a gas station. Now leaving the gas station i here a knocking sound so immediately pull over, check the fluids and everything. But the higher i rev it the louder the knock gets (obvisouly not reving to high but just to see). The truck is a 2002 f250 7.3 auto. What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Tom S

Reaction score
Might have jacked up the valve train. Pull the valve cover on the side with the noise seems logical. Bent pushrods and broken rockers happen from time to time it seems.

Arisley

Reaction score
Use a steth on it. You can narrow it down a lot. If you don't have a steth, a long extension, put one end against engine that you want to listen to, the other end against your forehead. The sound will transmit well. You will be amazed how well you can isolate a sound.

Black04Ram

Reaction score
Update - Had it towed to a shop, went to crank it and pull it in the shop and a rod went out the side of the block lol..:(

Arisley

Reaction score
Well, you found your knock.

Sorry, but a steth would have told you it was the bottom end. The damage was already done, the rod exiting just made it final.

Arisley

Reaction score
Anywhere from 500 bucks for a builder core to 3500 bucks for a rebuilt runner, to 25K for a fully built. Keep an eye on Craigs List, you can probably pick up a long block for 700 to 900 bucks.

Black04Ram

Reaction score
I seriously have no clue, i didnt drive this truck hard at all and religously maintained it. No wot runs at all.. just roll into the throttle. But ya im guessing just the $hitty rod's, or the problem was there when i bought it, but on that hand ive had it for like 30k miles... so i really dont know.

Latest posts

Members online