Help

Joe_strokem

Reaction score
Got another stock turbo for my truck. Loaded sct canned tunes. Transmission is not shifting. Egts are going up to 1300 while accelerating and the turbo started making a whining noise. Not the normal whistle. Almost sounds like I've got a super charger and a turbo. Put a new oil cooler on and still getting 15 to 20 degrees difference while cruising.

ford rules

Reaction score
Sounds like you may have upipe leaks as far as the noise and the egt's.

The delta, how did you flush the system to do the cooler.

Joe_strokem

Reaction score
The deltas turned out to be fine. It had a code for exhaust back pressure. Reconnected the sensor and cleared the codes. Turbo is still whining but no longer barking and truck is shifting normal again. Never would have thought that exhaust back pressure could change the performance so much.

Joe_strokem

Reaction score
It looks like it. I'll look again once it cools down. Think I'm just gonna order some new y pipes. I have the egr cooler welded shut with stock up pipe. Should I change anything as far as the up pipe?

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I don't see a point in replacing the "Y pipes" unless the bellows are cracked, or unless you plan on upgrading the turbo . At which point you might want to buy specific up pipes for the turbo you install.

Joe_strokem

Reaction score
No. My heater hose had a leak. The fluid got into the ebp sensor and shorted out the sensor and the connector. This caused the computer to shut down all the 5v sensors and threw a bunch of codes.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.