Help!

Reaction score
Turn the key on, open the hood. Look on the passenger's side behind the battery, should be a single heavier gauge wire with a round type connection. This is the power feed to the solenoid on the starter, go straight to the positive side of the battery and see if it starts. still no crank, give the starter a few taps with something.

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
Don't they usually self ground to the block? So it would need to be tight to the block to get a good ground. Im not 100 percent positive but I thought that's how they went.

Jomax

Reaction score
Make sure the shifter is in park. Shift to neutral, then back to park and try to start.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
I got it to start.
I wiggles the wires on the start and put it from n to p a couple times.

Glad you got it going! If it was the starter, make sure you tighten that nut. I like to use locktite.

superpsd

Reaction score
Well good that you got it started...Now driving a Ford without tools you have the faith that I don't. Also if it is a grounding issue you can always run jumper cables from the negative terminals on the batteries to the block to see if it's a grounding issue should you not have a meter handy.

Jomax

Reaction score
Well good that you got it started...Now driving a Ford without tools you have the faith that I don't. Also if it is a grounding issue you can always run jumper cables from the negative terminals on the batteries to the block to see if it's a grounding issue should you not have a meter handy.

That really goes to any older vehicle for carrying tools, not just ford lol.

mandkole

Reaction score
I use a denso 7.3 starter for the dragbike-- it grounds to the case and the steel bar that you hold on to. Theres 24V going through that dude..

Latest posts

Members online