Hey Big Rig Guys!

Got Smoke?

Reaction score
Had my B's for 4 years now.... had my Class A permit just as long but didn't have a truck to take the test with available to me.

Now that I have a couple friends willing to help me out in that sense no companies do 3rd party testing around here anymore. Only places to go are State DMV's and they are 3-4 weeks out on appointments.

6point0damn2004

Reaction score
Not really, has the maxxforce motor in it that doesn't make a whole lot of power, it has an 18 speed though. Other then that it's pretty much the same as the pro stars we use for flour. He doesn't haul too terribly heavy but I think he usually grosses around 120k which I would much rather have a different truck hauling that much lol. We have a brand new T800 Kenworth sitting at the shop I think he's getting.

Haha, I'd much rather have a different truck under there too. Like when people turn road tractors in to dump trucks. They get the job done, but they aren't nearly as stout as they should be.

snoracerx

Reaction score
Here is a pic of my old truck

DSC00159.jpg

N14 525 18 spd 3.73 rears

Here is my current truck

waupun1.jpg

Isx 550 18 spd 3.73 rears

Sent from my iPhone

duddy

Reaction score
Trying to catch up on the rules after being out of the scene for three years. To much 49 CFR. bull****.

Milford

Reaction score
These are a few more pics of what I have done. That old Ford L8000 grossed me at 88K. We never did a whole lot of super heavy stuff unless it was a cotton machine out of Des Moines or a load like that going back to the Midwest so we could get back to Deere.

Attachments

• Sprayer truck cleaned.jpg
    Sprayer truck cleaned.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Last TMC load.jpg
    Last TMC load.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 100
  • FordL8000.jpg
    FordL8000.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 102
  • Me with truck and loader.jpg
    Me with truck and loader.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Spayer.jpg
    Spayer.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 100

OBS F350

Reaction score
OBS, Who do you drive for? I use to drive for TMC on the Specialized division pulling around all the JD stuff.

I'm just a mechanic at W.W. Transport, only driving I do is road tests and pulling trucks/trailers in and out. Just friends with some drivers on Facebook and whatnot so I jack their pics and take some when we get cool loads in the shop.

486142_10151377400872795_1495061677_n_zps24451346.jpg

Milford

Reaction score
One of your drivers lives out by me in Plainfield. I believe he is one of yours because that truck in the pic is pretty much like his just not a DPF truck its pre. Drop axle on the truck and a 3 axle RGN with the single axle stinger.

OBS F350

Reaction score
One of your drivers lives out by me in Plainfield. I believe he is one of yours because that truck in the pic is pretty much like his just not a DPF truck its pre. Drop axle on the truck and a 3 axle RGN with the single axle stinger.

If the company name is w.w. or straitline it's one of ours. We Dont have any non dpf kenworrhs though. We have 2 ones that are older that have 600 horse isx's which have different front ends - single head lights on each side, larger hood/grille, 2 breathers on the outside of the truck between cab/hood. Could be what you're talking about. A lot of our drivers are from Illinois.

Milford

Reaction score
Yeah he is straightline. Its been a while since I have seen that truck but I'm probably mistaken and it has a DPF. that's a T800 in that pic, are the 2 your talking about W900B models or what are they? I drive a W900B now that is a 1996. Its a concrete truck so we have small motors and 8LL for a trans. My truck still has an old 3306C Cat in it but the truck looks brand new.

OBS F350

Reaction score
tankhaul4.jpg

They are just T800's but need a larger grille because they have the 600 horse ISX in them instead of the 550. Apparently the 600's needed a larger radiator. They are hard to get parts for, we had to have an aftermarket company make a condenser for one of them because KW doesn't sell them anymore etc. No idea why the condenser is different just because it's a different motor but I'm not the engineer lol.

Milford

Reaction score
Yep, that's what it is. You said there is only 2 of them over there? Sharp looking truck that's for sure. Is it a single speed rear end with like a 4.10 gear and an 18 speed or what?

OBS F350

Reaction score
Yep, that's what it is. You said there is only 2 of them over there? Sharp looking truck that's for sure. Is it a single speed rear end with like a 4.10 gear and an 18 speed or what?

Yea we only have 2 that have 600 horse ISX's, the rest (like 15 more) all have 550 horse ISX's. Not sure what rear end gears they have, all have 18 speeds. They are built very stout for sure though, double splined axles, frames are thick as hell, dual steering gear boxes etc.

Milford

Reaction score
Gotcha OBS, probably double framed. I love the dual steering boxes, I have one on my mixer and it makes turning that 20K axle with those fat tires so easy!

Nice lookin Pete there 7.3PSD!

6point0damn2004

Reaction score
tankhaul4.jpg

They are just T800's but need a larger grille because they have the 600 horse ISX in them instead of the 550. Apparently the 600's needed a larger radiator. They are hard to get parts for, we had to have an aftermarket company make a condenser for one of them because KW doesn't sell them anymore etc. No idea why the condenser is different just because it's a different motor but I'm not the engineer lol.

T800W, KW still sells the wide hood

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.