HFRP, High Idle, Tune udates questions

sixmassive

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm trying to get back into fixing a few kinks in my truck and am looking for some advice.

Issue 1:
When I run my Innovative Tow tune, I get a High Fuel Rail Pressure code, and the power drops off like a cliff. If I slow down (let off the gas), the power will come back, but then drops off if i get on it a little. This happens whether I am towing or not. This is the only tune that does it.

Issue 2:
Periodically I will get a high idle, and have to blip the throttle to get it to stop. Recently it kept coming back even after a restart.

I'm not running the latest Ford Flash or Innovative tunes. I'm thinking the new ford flash will open up the limits on the alarm. Not sure about the Idle though.

How should I go about updating flash and tunes?
Should I send my SCT in for the newest ID tunes, and when i get it back, drive the truck to Ford on the old tune, tune it back to stock, let them reflash their BS and then reload the New Innovative tunes?
or
Try and get my DashDaq Spartan tunes going and drive it in on those? (thats a whole other issue getting that going)

The truck is fully built w/ stock turbo

Thanks

sootie

Reaction score
the high idle may be an egt probe in the exhaust acting up.
if you want the latest ford flash, drive the truck to the dealer, return the tune to stock, let them do their bidness then retune with the SCT before you drive away. (i would update your SCT online first)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.