Hids too blue???

baddkarmaracing

Reaction score
I just got stopped by DPS for my headlights being too blue! And also for a lack of high beams (which I do have) but really how much whiter can I go than 6000k before I start getting into yellow? I have thought since I got them that they were more blue than they should be since they are different color than my fogs but I figured maybe it was because of the size of the fog housing

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Are yours 55w or 35w? The color scale for both is a little differeing. 6k 55w should be pretty white, I think anything under 4300 should start yellowing. 35w 6k will be more blue. I actually hate HID's on any vehicle without projector housings

baddkarmaracing

Reaction score
Mine are 55w, I have made sure mine arent a menace to other people on the road, actually untill today I hadn't been flashed for just having my headlights on, now if I have my fogs on that's a different story, they are blinding bright but that's why I don't run them unless im the only one on the road.

If I could find projector housings that looked good I would probably do it because I like them better

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I havent seen a projector housing that looks decent on a 6.4 either. You may have to drop to 5k. Im just gonna try some Sylvania Ultra Stars or w/e pretty soon

baddkarmaracing

Reaction score
That was actually a typo mine are 5000k. I even went back and looked at my order just to be sure but they are 5000k not 6000k. If you ever find a good looking set of projectors for a 6.4 let me know because I am interested for sure

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
I have projectors on mine & thats all people talk about is how much them like them!!

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
If they are 5k they should not be blue. They should be pure white. 6k is where they are blue. I would pull the lamps out again and look at the lamp marking to make sure they really are 5k. If they are and they really are blue, I would get a different brand of lamp.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.