High egt at idle

06f250powerstroke

Reaction score
Im having some issues with the new rig i cant figure out. when i start it its lopey and dies out most of the time when i put it in gear. also in park i can floor it and it will only rev up to 3000rpm and when its idleing the egts are at 500* or better. I have changed every sensor on the motor changed ficms ficm wiring harness, hpop and pcm . has anyone ever had this issue. iam getting mixed contribution balance codes 99% of the time its on the passenger side but then yesterday it threw a #4 code . any help would be great at this point

strokin6L

Reaction score
With it throwing contribution balance codes...makes me think it's an injector issue. Such as a bad o-ring or copper washer. I've had that happen before with cut O-rings for an injector or an injector loosening up. Combustion leaks past the o-ring then and gets into the fuel and creates the issue.

06f250powerstroke

Reaction score
I rings are new I've had #1 out to change spool valve still throws # 1 code along with #3 #5 and now #4. But never at the same time only one at a time but a couple times it did throw #1and #4 together

Latest posts

Members online