high hp survival.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Thanks for chiming in ross, I figured there had been someone else who tried this is before, I just never realized it had been so successful. The truck will be running a billet 75mm and I'll probably try a billet 80mm wheel to see how well it does. How'd the 80 stay spooled up for you ross? I figure if I'm shifting at a little over 4k it should do decently well.

co04cobra

Reaction score
My 00 truck has been between 600-650hp for the last 30K miles. Live tuning is a huge help. Its sled pulled, towed, and I DD when I want to.

Out of my 97 with 500ish hp, and my 08 with more money then sense into it, my 00 has been the most reliable with the least problems.

Now 1000hp is a different story, but I kind of think its crazy the guys that do a 15K motor build for 600hp before they window a block.

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
For how long the new advancements in technology are taking these dinosaurs at 4x stock power levels, a used, known good block with good comp, for the price is quite attractive in, like me, a non pulling just for fun truck. Dead platform my azz.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
I forgot to mentioned this is a competition truck. I have a 6.0 to dd and this truck sees maybe 5 miles a month. I'll probably do a build thread soon even tho the truck is almost back together. I guess we will see what will happen.

pontiacross

Reaction score
wow, thats impressive!!!!

this^^^ i don't know how many times i have watched ross's vids of the lonestroke.. he and it are my idols!! still amazed at what he has done with a 7.3..

Thanks!

I have to admit I sometimes regret selling the ol girl but I didn't Like the Organization I was pulling 2.6 with and am going to have to go 3.0 to pull with the one I like. and I was basically going to have to replace everything on it so it just made more sense to get rid of it and start over

pontiacross

Reaction score
Thanks for chiming in ross, I figured there had been someone else who tried this is before, I just never realized it had been so successful. The truck will be running a billet 75mm and I'll probably try a billet 80mm wheel to see how well it does. How'd the 80 stay spooled up for you ross? I figure if I'm shifting at a little over 4k it should do decently well.

My 80mm with a cast wheel stayed spooled good for me but I did put a slightly smaller exhaust housing on it since I was running a 66mm cover on it the majority of the time. I did run a billit wheel for one season and it sounded cool but I didn't like it. it was had to spool and on the dyno it made more peak power but average power was way down, so that is why I went back to the cast wheel. now that being said I know not all billit wheels are created equal. The one I tried just didn't work for me.

by the way I still have the turbo off my truck if your interested in it

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Thanks!

I have to admit I sometimes regret selling the ol girl but I didn't Like the Organization I was pulling 2.6 with and am going to have to go 3.0 to pull with the one I like. and I was basically going to have to replace everything on it so it just made more sense to get rid of it and start over

Your welcome sir...

I dont blame ya. Lot of ass time behind the wheel and a LOT of time on the rest of her... she would be a top contender around me..
Hopefully my dually will hit that mark soon.

live life full throttle

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
My 80mm with a cast wheel stayed spooled good for me but I did put a slightly smaller exhaust housing on it since I was running a 66mm cover on it the majority of the time. I did run a billit wheel for one season and it sounded cool but I didn't like it. it was had to spool and on the dyno it made more peak power but average power was way down, so that is why I went back to the cast wheel. now that being said I know not all billit wheels are created equal. The one I tried just didn't work for me.

by the way I still have the turbo off my truck if your interested in it
I already have the bfh, I have a 1.15 housing on it which I wish i wish I could get smaller but it's t4i so I'll take what I can get. I've also looked at the etr wheels forced inductions sells. I want to try a few different turbo setups, and eventually I'd like to go to a compound setup like jelichs with a 101 feeding the 75. I've just heard the 80 isn't much fun to keep spooled, but with the shift points I'll be at I think i should be ok with it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.