Highest HP 6.0 without a RR?

Mdub707

Reaction score
How far has someone pushed one of these without doing a regulated return? My setup doesn't really allow me the use, but I would like to add some power to this thing eventually. I'm sure I could come up with something, but it seems like the added trouble of valves and switches would be a massive headache and I would question the reliability of doing so.

So... anyone know anyone running any decent HP setups without a RR in their fuel system?

Sprman

Reaction score
Not sure what the highest is, but i don't have a RR and i had 468hp on the dyno last year. Gearhead tune, trusted performance stage 1 fuel (larger bolts and rear crossover line), exhaust and intake.

2wd-fire

Reaction score
i know a few people that where fueling 190s with out a rr. so i would say high 5**rwp would not be a problem with a good fuel pump

KingRanch6.0L

Reaction score
man i havent dynoed it yet but with gearhead tunes, intake, exhaust, and studs and all its more an issue of waiting for the trans to blow from all the power. just my 2 cents

Mdub707

Reaction score
man i havent dynoed it yet but with gearhead tunes, intake, exhaust, and studs and all its more an issue of waiting for the trans to blow from all the power. just my 2 cents

That's basically what I have now for power stuff. I've managed to kill the trans a couple times actually. Haven't had great luck in that department, though everyone says I shouldn't be having problems at my power output.

At most I could see doing 190's/75 maybe and a turbo to match, probably wouldn't push it too much past that as I do still need to tow occasionally.

Thanks for the input guys.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Yea in all honesty Mike, I think you would be better off with a low pressure airdog 150 and a sump or something if all you're going to run is 190s and just scraping the RR idea. It with the stock pump will keep up just fine.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
I made 850hp on the. Ground track proven, with a fass pump, I took the factory bango bolts out, took the spring and. Guts out of it, cross drilled them, put them baack in with the factory fuel lines and haad no issues, then I read on the net about rr systems and then I put one on, I think as long as you have a good pump pushing and don't drop pressure you'll be fine. Hope this helps, if you need more clearity on what I did with the factory banjo bolts, feel free to pm me

Mdub707

Reaction score
Yea in all honesty Mike, I think you would be better off with a low pressure airdog 150 and a sump or something if all you're going to run is 190s and just scraping the RR idea. It with the stock pump will keep up just fine.

Ideally I would like to do a fuelab/sump setup. Even more ideal would be an AD150 feeding the fuelab to take care of filtration and bypass the bowl up on the motor.

I made 850hp on the. Ground track proven, with a fass pump, I took the factory bango bolts out, took the spring and. Guts out of it, cross drilled them, put them baack in with the factory fuel lines and haad no issues, then I read on the net about rr systems and then I put one on, I think as long as you have a good pump pushing and don't drop pressure you'll be fine. Hope this helps, if you need more clearity on what I did with the factory banjo bolts, feel free to pm me

I know exactly what you're talking about, I used to have those big 3 hold banjos on the front, but it's not an option, I HAVE to keep actual check valves in the front of the heads. Though, the one's I have seal way better than factory and flow more too. I simply can not get rid of them with the vegistroke system. That may be my biggest hinderance, however coming from the other side, the veggie side already uses a pretty stout FASS pump, so I can actually feed more fuel from the veggie side. I kind of want to see what kind of power can be made on it honestly.

Appreciate the input. I will be monitoring fuel pressure very closely and I think I may monitor in front and in back of the heads. The stock system feeds in like normal and I would watch fuel pressure behind the heads to ensure proper fueling, and vice versa for the veggie, feed in from the back of the heads and watch fuel pressure on the front side to ensure I'm getting good pressure. We'll see though. I'm thinking the veggie side is basically a built fuel system already as it sits with the bigger pump and larger fuel lines.

The ranger doesn't have a RR just a big pump lol holds fuel pressure fine

Good to know, thanks for the info guys.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Yea Mike, I only mentioned the AD150 as a "low pressure, air removal, high volume, lift pump". I am sure a low pressure FASS would do just as good. I'm running the AD150 feeding an A1000 with the fuel bowl deleted and a RR kit. Of course I know you can't run the RR kit but I think you could delete your fuel bowl and set up your fuel system to regulate the supply to the heads. I talked with one guy who I think did this because he was in the same situation with the vegistroke system. I forget the regulator that he used but I am pretty sure that that is how he set it up. He used an AD2 set to a really low pressure, feeding a fuelab, feeding a regulated supply system with check valves. I know just talking about this sounds expensive. Hope it helps though.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I know a RR could be fabbed up, but it would end up only regulating the diesel side I'm sure, and it it would involved adding a few electronic switching valves and it just sounds like a headache I don't want to get into, especially if I don't NEED to you know? You're probably talking about PVGreenSVT? I think that's his username, or something close to that from the ORG?

I think he had the AD2 on for a while and kept having issues with it and eventually just used it as a low pressure lift pump. I think. It's been a while.

Sprman

Reaction score

Pretty much exactly what i have for the past 50,000 miles and i haven't had a problem yet. I pull anywhere from 8-12k often and drive it pretty hard. Never had any tranny problems. Truck runs the best on Matt's tune as far as drivability around town. I even tow with the highest tune he made for me at the track.

YoungMT Hick

Reaction score
Mike I just added a sump to mine. So currently I have sump-AD165- heads. Same veggie **** on the back side. When I talked to pvtgreen about his setup he said he just had the ad165 and veggie. He was considering that with the fuel lines connected at the rear a RR. Was confused but whatever. I am on my third AD motor and am contemplating an A1000 setup but use my existing lines. AD is sending me a new upgraded motor as a last ditch effort. Sent plenty of nasty grams to them about the AD not maintaining Fuel pressure. I am still running the 200cc sticks and Pmax. Hope to dyno before deployment and get everyone number for veggie vs diesel.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Kenny! You're alive! haha

That's definitely not a RR setup with the veggie lines running back, still dead heads, but it's basically like having a cross over between the back of the heads if anything.

I've heard a lot of that with the AD2's, have you seen any of the threads on the ORG? Looks like they were working to fix the issues.

I think the A1000 or even better, the Fuelab would be a good idea. I think PVT is using his AD2 as a low pressure pusher pump to feed a higher flowing pump like the A1000 now too. Might be worth looking into, since you've bypassed the bowl on the engine. Then you can still use the AD2 as a filter device, and it should last longer only having to push 15psi or whatever you set it at, then let the Fuelab do all the hard work.

Finding veggie easy out there? Still running the powermax on those big sticks? Get your trans taken care of yet?

Latest posts

Members online