Hissing from drivers side.

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
Fixed the post. It looks like the flexplate is cracked up on the truck. noise got worse and I can see what looks like a crack. Once I get the flex plate nuts off I just have the cross member and I'll know.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

joe d

Reaction score
Now im going to feel like sht if its not... But its either flex plate or converter from what you have told me. Good time to put a fresh converter and valve body in the tranny..

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
As you should haha
The trans only has 34xxx on it. Should be fine.
Ever feel weird saying you got tyranny fluid in your hair?

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
8e4bfe9a24a35406437e7a05da763461.jpg

Working on it, Jeeze!

Arisley

Reaction score
Put the trans on a trans jack, you won't even have to remove electrical connectors. Move it back far enough for tool clearance, push it back in when done. I did mine in my driveway. It's a hill. Truck was sitting nose down. Hooked the trans jack to a come along hooked to the hitch. Jacked the trans jack back. Replaced the flex plate. Jacked the trans jack back into position and bolted it up. Two hours start to finish, believe it or not. 2WD though, a little less to remove than 4WD.

joe d

Reaction score
Thats how i did mine just skids it nack enough to get your hand in there and bust the bolts lose... But if you wanna inspect before changeing then you may have to drop the trans

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
Now you tell me...
I didn't actually drop it all the way out. Just got it moved back 6". Probably did it the hard way but it's done and (drum roll)....
90b98513f6ef05b1388f7a1329bcab31.jpg

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
Thank you Joe. Really do appreciate it, and everyone that chimed in.
I went from knowing next to nothing about my truck other then how to change the oil to replacing the engine, rebuilding the turbo, trouble shooting my bad pcm/idm, ball joints, hub bearings, axle seals, brakes etc, thanks to this website and people willing to share their knowledge and experience with me.
I've spent a lot but saved a lot and gained a lot if experience.
Thanks

joe d

Reaction score
No problem yea i myself love this site alot of good people on here and alot of knowledge. You have a dumb ass every now and then but the real people shoot them down real fast. Now all you need is some hybrids a t4 kit hpop and a tranny lmao the bug never stops.. Im about two seconds away from building a go cart with a spare 7.3 i have im thinking all together something that weighs 2600 lbs.. Then hybrids a big ass t4 468 maybe just build a rocket lmao hope it all went back together smoth.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Thank you Joe. Really do appreciate it, and everyone that chimed in.
I went from knowing next to nothing about my truck other then how to change the oil to replacing the engine, rebuilding the turbo, trouble shooting my bad pcm/idm, ball joints, hub bearings, axle seals, brakes etc, thanks to this website and people willing to share their knowledge and experience with me.
I've spent a lot but saved a lot and gained a lot if experience.
Thanks

so its sounded more like a marble rolling in a metal coffee can? classic symptom of a broken flex plate..

No problem yea i myself love this site alot of good people on here and alot of knowledge. You have a dumb ass every now and then but the real people shoot them down real fast. Now all you need is some hybrids a t4 kit hpop and a tranny lmao the bug never stops.. Im about two seconds away from building a go cart with a spare 7.3 i have im thinking all together something that weighs 2600 lbs.. Then hybrids a big ass t4 468 maybe just build a rocket lmao hope it all went back together smoth.

why does he need a t4 setup?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

joe d

Reaction score
No it was a joke he said how much he was learing and doing to his truck... Just a joke.