Honest 6.7 turbo talk For The People

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
haha yes it was a very strange turbo to include on a bolt on turbo kit IMO. I believe they offer options of 69sxe etc. though not positive on that.

the 69 will spool much better than the 467 , apples to oranges.

Reaction score
the only vgt available of bending rods at this moment , is a 6670 barder, and it's not the ideal driving turbo for a stock fuel guy , or stock rod guy.

i forgot to ask you about the 4094 or 3794 vgt chargers ? have you guys been around one yet? i Know two of my buddies had great luck with those chargers both in 68 and 72. I Believe it was elite i saw has been messing with them.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
I had the 64 H&S kit on my 12 and loved it. I am not a VGT fan myself but I can see how someone would like or want that.

Reaction score
I had the 64 H&S kit on my 12 and loved it. I am not a VGT fan myself but I can see how someone would like or want that.

Aside from the vgt non vgt I I drool over the h and s kits. They really knocked it out of the park with they're kit. Did ya have the sxe or the normal s300

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Aside from the vgt non vgt I I drool over the h and s kits. They really knocked it out of the park with they're kit. Did ya have the sxe or the normal s300

I had the Bell Turbo / Pius charger they were using prior to the SXE line of turbos. They have some new stuff coming out also...

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Was there some info from Ford that discussed the 15-16 trucks that need an OEM replacement would be using the '17 turbos? I thought I read thru a TSB of sorts about the parts that would be ordered/used when doing the work.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Was there some info from Ford that discussed the 15-16 trucks that need an OEM replacement would be using the '17 turbos? I thought I read thru a TSB of sorts about the parts that would be ordered/used when doing the work.

yeah it's just the pedestal change. not an actual turbo change of any sort that i'm aware of .

Reaction score
yeah it's just the pedestal change. not an actual turbo change of any sort that i'm aware of .

ive heard the same. Pedestal change only

I was wondering about the uppipes fitting on 17's with the 11-16 fixed vane kits if anyone has any insight.

Reaction score
Guess I'll chime in. My experience of a non vgt is that mpg is great, price is less to a comparable vgt. However, they spool at a higher rpm (my 364.5 doesn't build more than 3 psi until 1900rpm). Towing is okay except it seems you're always under the turbo. Imo maybe I should've gone with a s363 but oh well, for the amount of towing I do it's not bad For daily driving however I love the non-vgt. Piles of bottom end and the lower drive pressure gets better mpg. If somebody wants to sponsor me a vgt turbo I'll gladly to a side by side test ;)

Reaction score
Guess I'll chime in. My experience of a non vgt is that mpg is great, price is less to a comparable vgt. However, they spool at a higher rpm (my 364.5 doesn't build more than 3 psi until 1900rpm). Towing is okay except it seems you're always under the turbo. Imo maybe I should've gone with a s363 but oh well, for the amount of towing I do it's not bad For daily driving however I love the non-vgt. Piles of bottom end and the lower drive pressure gets better mpg. If somebody wants to sponsor me a vgt turbo I'll gladly to a side by side test ;)

What made you go with the 64.5 vs the 63 in the first place? Just curious on your opinion. Also how do you like the ******** tuning with the fixed vane?
I have been very impressed with their tuning

HeavyAssault

Reaction score

dsmracing1

Reaction score
I've been running the Streetmax R VGT turbo from Midwest Diesel for almost two years now and been dual fueled for almost a year. I set my truck up for towing mostly and having the ability to have a little fun too. I tow my 12K bumper pull toy hauler about 10 times a year. Even on the biggest grade I'm hard pressed to see the EGT's get over 1100-1150 on cruise.

Biggest reason why I went with VGT is to be able to keep the turbo lit at the lower rpm's and keep the stock like characteristics. I can get the turbo to spool 15 psi at 1500rpm so the truck doesn't have any issues keeping it spooled up. Just threw down 655/1240 on the dyno, so she likes to party too.

I'm not biased to VGT or non VGT but for my needs, the VGT was the way to go...

sootie

Reaction score

The pedestal AND the turbo are different. Turbo no longer has the port on the top for the external oil feed. As already mentioned the pedestal has no external port in it and both feed and return are internally run.

Old pedestal part # FC3Z-6N639A

new pedestal part # HC3Z-6N639A

Old turbo part # FC3Z-6K682A

New turbo part # HC3Z-6K682A

a 17 turbo WILL NOT work on a 15/16 without the 17 pedestal also. a 15/16 turbo WILL NOT work on a 17 unless with the correct pedestal.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.