Horrible miss need help!!!

JohnnyBeGood

Reaction score
Ya. I think if I had a forged motor I would go the whole way with studs springs pushrods big hybrids. But with this pmr motor and "not-so-bts" trans I just don't see it being smart or practical. And I honestly think if this motor popped I'd either drop a 12v in it(can get 12v's for 1200 & 24v's for 1600 ready to go) or I'd but a running 7.3 drop it in return the truck to stock sell all the performance parts and go buy a 6.4. I love the 7.3's especially how easy they are to work with. But hard to beat a truck with a much nicer interior that I can get 500hp from bolt ons and tunes.

On the bright side the injectors and new tunes are in and she's purring like a kitten. :) not nearly as fast as it felt with the beans tunes but definitely more drivable. I was nervous initially cause on the test drive it was pouring white smoke wayyyyy more than the first time but I let it sit in high idle for 20 min while I cleaned up and it seems to be doing fine now. Starts are starting to get faster.

JohnnyBeGood

Reaction score
Well it's been over a year since this thread. Thought I'd say truck has been running great without any issue. Only thing I've done is add a 38R. Truck is fun and mops up most of the young kids running around here in daddy's old pick up which is a lot of fun. Especially when all the kids say "oh your truck barely rolls coal" so I say lets line em up and my light haze blows past their "rolling coal" lol however I've grown bored of this power level....:doh: I'm ready to step the sticks up to some 250/100's or 250/200's and probably a S468 on a t4 mount. It's still just a PMR motor but I plan on getting a stock forged motor for cheap and putting studs springs and all the basics in it then swapping the motors out one weekend. So I'll run the injectors with the 38r turned down on this motor in the mean time. Anyone wanna trade injectors? :D

JohnnyBeGood

Reaction score
I've been reading about the new billet wheel for the 38R but read mixed reviews. Several people on here have said it was a waste that they saw no gains other then less towing surge but I very very rarely tow heavy truck mostly pulls my little flats boat or a trailer with some 4 wheelers so its mostly just a toy/DD towing surge has never been an issue. I've also read on here that it quiets the 38R up. I love the way my 38R sounds if anything I wish it was louder. I'm a sucker for loud turbos.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I've been reading about the new billet wheel for the 38R but read mixed reviews. Several people on here have said it was a waste that they saw no gains other then less towing surge but I very very rarely tow heavy truck mostly pulls my little flats boat or a trailer with some 4 wheelers so its mostly just a toy/DD towing surge has never been an issue. I've also read on here that it quiets the 38R up. I love the way my 38R sounds if anything I wish it was louder. I'm a sucker for loud turbos.

Made a lot of difference in my dually... if you drove your 38r across country like I have many times, you would like how it quiets it down some..

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online