Horsepower recipes with 38r

Reaction score
Yep I know... thats damn impressive still :D

Yes 8.40 being my fastest on that setup. This was with poor 60fts as well because of the 33in mudgrapplers that i was running. With some weight reduction and good tires i feel sure i could have ran some 8.3s on that setup. Also keep in mind this was with PMRs as well made probably 60 passes at least with them in the time i ran that kind of power on them. I was by far easy on it from racing around on the backroads and doing 80+ mph burnouts on a weekly basis i have a broke billet intermediate shaft to prove it :pointlaugh:

TyCorr

Reaction score

He LOST power w/ a 1.15??? Wonder why that is.

Less efficient....the drop in bp was marginal on that setup. I could see using the larger housing in a set of compounds but other.than that the 1.00 wg seems to be the best.

Reaction score
The 38r passes for 2.5? have you ever put a plug in it

Yes it passes for 2.5 it may measure out to a 2.6 but the techs in my area realize that it doesnt flow near the air the competition 2.6 chargers flow. Our 2.6 class is very competitive with a few haisley built trucks and a dmax that pulls right there with them and i would have no chance against them

ShortStroker

Reaction score
I ran 250/100 with gearhead tuning for 15k miles on pmrs. According to track time put it about 525-535hp ran 8.4s at 7800lbs. Now running 300/200s with gearhead tuning on forged rods and it is much stronger ran 8.2s but still fighting some shifting issues hopefully will run 7.9s when i get that fixed. Shooting for 600hp on fuel with the 38r. Thinking about spraying a small stage of gas and see how it will do as well

hmm.. you running that makes me wonder how fast and how many Ponies my truck really has.. granted I got 250/80's, but still..

ibestroken

Reaction score
I can vouch for smokinstroker92s truck as I pull with him and have seen it run on the strip. Def a strong running rig!

powerSmokin

Reaction score

He LOST power w/ a 1.15??? Wonder why that is.

Most likely the wheel spun too fast since soo much air was being pushed through. A fan or turbine wheel in this case will peak at a certain rpm, if it spins or moves faster the cfm curve will go down since it will be chopping more air than moving air.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Most likely the wheel spun too fast since soo much air was being pushed through. A fan or turbine wheel in this case will peak at a certain rpm, if it spins or moves faster the cfm curve will go down since it will be chopping more air than moving air.

I see.what you're saying but isnt it the opposite? As in the larger.housing doesnt let the turbo function as it.should. Not overspeeding but not being pushed as hard as it.could.be.

Ive.honestly never seen an obvious wastegate opening with my 38r. Then again, ive only ran it with stock and small singleshots. Im referring to when a.gate whips open and you can see the charger snuff.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Possibly, in all reality it could be either spinning too fast or not fast enough. No way to tell unless you clock the wheel speed, I may have over thought that one ha.

Latest posts

Members online