Hot Start Issues

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
94.5 zf5. Truck starts completely normal when it has sat for more than 4ish hours and overnight. Get to full operating temp and it will not start again unless its jump started..

Replaced the fuel pump as the weep hole leaked, thinking it didn't hold pressure or was sucking in air, no dice... now we are leaning towards IPR o rings. Cranks like crazy but sounds like it isn't getting fuel into the cylinders while cranking. Runs completely fine until you shut it down at full temp.

Just looking for more opinions... TIA

Zac

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
easy check for IPR orings is pull the oil fill plug on the res after the allotted time you figure it will not restart and see if its an inch below the top. that's enough to not let it start up

Reaction score
IPR o-rings are generally a likely culprit on no-start-when-hot. You could have leaking (top set) o-rings instead, but changing the IPR o-rings is a cheap try. Cheers!

96F350KID

Reaction score
ICP too. Had one that when the sensor got hot it acted just like a bad CPS(no start and cutting out) and bad ipr o-rings

Nodge

Reaction score
I've had that symptom before.
Try icp sensor and ipr first, mine ended up being injector o rings gone.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Starting to think injector o rings now... Smokes white when warming up cold every time and if I'm coasting then floor it I get a small white poof of white smoke

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.