Hot start problem

Magnum PD

Reaction score
If oil isn't coming out/filling up the hpo Rez, you need to check the lpop. Then pickup tube.

1995f2507.3

Reaction score
My oil gauge acts weird. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Have replaced the sensor on the hpop but it still does it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superpsd

Reaction score
Remove the oil pressure sender on top of the resivoir and install a mechanical gauge to see if you do have a lpop supply problem.

Reaction score
Wouldn't there be engine oil in the fuel bowl if it was injector o-rings? I checked the fuel bowl yesterday and the fuel was its normal color
If the top set of injector O-rings fail, oil will leak out around the base of the injectors (and possibly enough to not let pressure build). You can remove the valvecovers and crank it to see if there is oil leaking around the bases. Cheers!

rusty1161

Reaction score
If the top set of injector O-rings fail, oil will leak out around the base of the injectors (and possibly enough to not let pressure build). You can remove the valvecovers and crank it to see if there is oil leaking around the bases. Cheers!

This was my truck right here. Mine started as a hot long start and ended up a hot no start. Here is a thread started by GNXTC.

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55804

Rusty

Last edited:

1995f2507.3

Reaction score

Would this allow the hpop to not fill up? I will try and do this tomorrow

superpsd

Reaction score
You can test that by dead heading each hpop line to the heads one at a time. As far as not filling the resivoir. The resivoir should be filling at least by cranking. A mechanical gauge on the lpop side is easy. You can use a porter power unit to pressurize the rails and look for oil bleeding off and seeing it holds pressure.

1995f2507.3

Reaction score
I overfilled the oil pan and still nothing was getting in the reservoir . Maybe I didn't add enough? It was a little above the full mark when I checked it yesterday and probably added 1-1 1/2 quarts earlier today

JCart

Reaction score
I would also check your injection pressure regulator. Get a rebuild kit from international or Riffraff Diesel. Or Ford although the last time checked they were $120.00 versus $25.00 at IH. Also check the harness that goes to the IPR as it sometimes will deteriorate from Diesel and oil causing the signal to short, also check the plug.

I'd do this before doing a L pressure oil pump and iirc you don't have to pull the block to replace the LPOP.

j

1995f2507.3

Reaction score
I would also check your injection pressure regulator. Get a rebuild kit from international or Riffraff Diesel. Or Ford although the last time checked they were $120.00 versus $25.00 at IH. Also check the harness that goes to the IPR as it sometimes will deteriorate from Diesel and oil causing the signal to short, also check the plug.

I'd do this before doing a L pressure oil pump and iirc you don't have to pull the block to replace the LPOP.

j

My ipr harness has been hacked up before and when I touch I believe the red wire on the connector they put on I could shut the engine off just by running it( when it ran) I redid that wire today just didn't have much time to do anything else to the truck

Latest posts

Members online