How do i remove the windshield trim without destroying it?

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
I have a massive leak at the top of the windshield and plan to fix this weekend but don't want to ruin the trim.

Biggreen96

Reaction score
When I got the truck painted I used a flatblade screwdriver and slowly worked them off a little at a time. Just be careful you don't chip the windshield.

zakaroid_97

Reaction score
I know this is a late post but I just became a member. I've been doing auto glass for almost 20yrs. the w/s trim is one of the most basic but also frequently destroyed due to improper technique. There are several specific tools made for the job and they work on multiple vehicles with similar molding and clip. If you are still trying let me know , I can send you a link to the tool or send you a pic or short video clip on proper technique. I have replaced so many w/s in the old body style trucks and broncos and about a month ago put a new one in my 97 F350

TyCorr

Reaction score
I know this is a late post but I just became a member. I've been doing auto glass for almost 20yrs. the w/s trim is one of the most basic but also frequently destroyed due to improper technique. There are several specific tools made for the job and they work on multiple vehicles with similar molding and clip. If you are still trying let me know , I can send you a link to the tool or send you a pic or short video clip on proper technique. I have replaced so many w/s in the old body style trucks and broncos and about a month ago put a new one in my 97 F350

Well? Let's see it. Superduties leak windshields often. Common repair. How..we.do.it? Fix it?

Latest posts

Members online