How do I retrofit OEM fogs

neverkickn

Reaction score
Looking to wire OEM fogs on my 01 250. I have the fogs and that's it. I would like to write it up so we have the info here, unless that has already been done. I know I will need the headlight switch for the fogs and a relay, but I have no idea on the wiring and such.

I really want to be able to turn them on manually with low beams, and for them to come on automatically with high beams.

brian89

Reaction score
My old man's are like that in his 6.4 but im not sure how the guy did it, have you looked for a wiring diagram for a truck with fog lights? I would say first step is to figure out if the highbeam switch is on the hot side or ground side, but that's just me, would also like to know how people are doing this as well

FSJPat

Reaction score
My truck is an XL and doesn't have foglights, but there is a wiring plug for them in place behind the bumper, and the headlight switch pulls out, so I'm guessing mine is wired up already for fogs. Check and see if yours has the wiring in place already.

neverkickn

Reaction score
I have looked for the plug and couldn't find it. I also have the standard switch that does not pull out.

Anyone have a link to the right info. I know that I need the switch and possibly a relay, but I don't have any idea on the wiring. I can look at a schematic and make a guess as to the proper wire to tie in to but I would rather not guess.

Latest posts

Members online