how do you get a 38r into and obs

Tom S

Reaction score
Looks great tom.... think I could make enuff from for a wastegate.? Also is doing all the work worth it or would going with a t4 setup be a better idea? I like this looks and what I can gain from it

I cannot answer what is best for you. I wanted a quick spooling charger as I live at altitude. I also was not looking to go to large injectors.

mattymx

Reaction score
Let's just say I doubt it will make it to august... so will the 38r be able to handle my needs?

Without a doubt The 38R is a fine turbo for your current set up. It will also support injectors much larger than what you have. The only thing really concerning is that it is pretty much the only turbo that can work with that mount, but then again if you want to go with some huge injectors in the future, you will already have a great start on a compound set up....

StrokerTurbo7.3

Reaction score
I've ridden in a SD with a 38R and it was stupid. A good stupid though:D. 500+hp, 6-speed, and wet roads with a nut case (big stroker) driver makes for a wild ride.

Whytry

Reaction score
If it is that much I would look into doing a t4 setup. heck even an h2e with mount is $400 more.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
If you are going to go through all the work to put a 38R on a OBS, I would just go with a T4 mount kit.

There are lots og good options out there for the T4 style turbos..

If you go with a T4 Let me make a sugestion that you go with Jake@Irate diesel..
His mounts are priced good compared to others and they are of good qulity to..

He can make a complete bolt on kit if you want him to.

Tom S

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the H2e or similar route either. This happened to work out nicely with my Bank Intercooler pipes which was also a consideration. I have certainly ridden in and driven some very nice running trucks with an H2E or a QSSB.

smokedout250

Reaction score
They are very tempting the h2e is a lot of money but itt comes witth all the pieces needed jake @ irate. Is gonna cost pretty close to the same.... but he said he would need to have the truck forawhile to custom build the kit ,....

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the H2e or similar route either. This happened to work out nicely with my Bank Intercooler pipes which was also a consideration. I have certainly ridden in and driven some very nice running trucks with an H2E or a QSSB.

yea your turbo install pictures look good!!!!

There is nothing wrong with a set up like you have either..

To the OP if you can get the 38R cheap and can work some of the price off.
You could always look on *cough* *cough* Flebay *cough* and find other used parts there and get by even cheaper..

You cant go wrong with a 38R set up. I still wish I would have kept the 38R I had. I mounted it But never run it because i took it out for a T4 mount style.

If you had a 38R you would have quick spool up, And if you ever needed more air then it can make, Leave it there and feed it with a gt47 or gt55 like Chillin did.. That would be one sweet set up. with quick spooling and all the boost and air you would ever need..

The 38R would also be cheaper then a T4 Mount unless you do like me and by a cheap GT42 copy.. LOL

smokedout250

Reaction score
Well I can get either an h2e or a 38r and work iit off I just don't know weather the h2e would just be a good setup for what I need or not the 38r is a lot of work which is fine, but its the fitment issue it looks great but getting the turbo to fit and not knowing how the waste gate will fit and all that... h2e is a great setup little spendy... would it be worth it?

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Well I can get either an h2e or a 38r and work iit off I just don't know weather the h2e would just be a good setup for what I need or not the 38r is a lot of work which is fine, but its the fitment issue it looks great but getting the turbo to fit and not knowing how the waste gate will fit and all that... h2e is a great setup little spendy... would it be worth it?

They both work good.. the 38R will spool faster. and I think it would be cheaper in the long run. BUT take more time to do.. you can fit it all in there you just have to do a little sheat metel bending..

The H2E is a good turbo.. I think they both will flow about the same for air. But will cost more to do, But will take less time..

they both would work good and would get the job done.. But there are better turbos out there then the H2E.. But will cost more.

Basicly What it comes down to is what YOU will be happy with and feel the most comfertable with.. you are the one that has to live with your choice, not me or anyone else..

But they both would work. But I still think the 68R would be cheaper to do.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.