How long for egr portion?

mustardbucket107

Reaction score
Yes, on the exhaust tubes, soak the bolts, and then use some more penetrating oil, once done with that ,spray then again. If the bolts start getting tight when backing them out, work then back in and spray more penetrating oil. I/friend twisted a couple off while removing mine and you definitely don't want to spend the time drilling the little buggers out, probably added 4 hrs to the job. Have good tools especially for the bracket on back of egr, think we used a flex head ratcheting wrench

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Rooftop

Reaction score
Well took us three hours. Everything went as planned. One of those lower exhaust bolts gave us a little grief but we got it. Using the factory exhaust probe and my minimax is reading it but it fluctuates from 32 degrees to 2600 degrees in fraction of a second. This can't be normal can it? Seems to read all over the place under normal driving conditions

Jerrybizzle

Reaction score
Well took us three hours. Everything went as planned. One of those lower exhaust bolts gave us a little grief but we got it. Using the factory exhaust probe and my minimax is reading it but it fluctuates from 32 degrees to 2600 degrees in fraction of a second. This can't be normal can it? Seems to read all over the place under normal driving conditions

Pretty sure you used the factory egr probe that was right there. You have to use an egt probe from the exhaust. Mine read the same way when the mechanic used the egr probe. I had put an egt probe in with the kit for him to install. He did not use it. Fluctuated like crazy and once I had him swap it it is good to go.

Latest posts

Members online