How to hook up sub amp to factory radio

Bigcountry250

Reaction score
I recently got a 2011 f250 and want to hook my subs back up but not sure how to do it with the factory radio. Any suggestions? My truck has the Microsoft sync but not the touch screen navigation.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Alot of the newer amps have the low power inputs and voltage sensing power up. You just have to hook up all if your speaker outputs to it.

jdc753

Reaction score
Lots of options for sure.

1.) Speaker Level or High Level inputs directly to the amp. This is usually an adapter harness that comes with the amp that you can splice directly into a speaker run to pickup the audio signal.

2.) Line Out Converter (LOC) can be used to accomplish the same as above for amps that don't have direct speaker level inputs. The LOC will convert the speaker signal to a Low Level (RCA) connection. Then you just run your RCA's to the amp and connect to the appropriate low level input on the amp.

3.) An OEM integration unit similar to what Steve is talking about with the JL unit. This will wire up similarly like an LOC, picking up speaker level inputs and dishing out RCA's but depending on the unit you get there can be endless possibilities, from a glorified overpriced LOC, to a top of the line audio processor. I know the JL Cleansweep was/is pretty popular with OEM integration, its basically a LOC, but it actually calibrates itself to your stereo by removing any factory processing and EQ'ing that might be in the factory signal so you have a flat signal to start with.

Latest posts

Members online