How to Measure EGT Temp

Strokerguy

Reaction score
What setting on the DasDaq do put for the temps to measure properly?? Also, my EGT temp varies. I thought its supposed to stay the same. When I stop they shoot up past 2000.... Lost.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
What setting on the DasDaq do put for the temps to measure properly?? Also, my EGT temp varies. I thought its supposed to stay the same. When I stop they shoot up past 2000.... Lost.

What sensor are you using? With the H&S it has to be one from the exhaust. If you use the one form the EGR pipe the temps will read all messed up.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Try one of the ones from the exhaust. I tried using the one from the EGR pipe to and was getting super high readings at idle then it would go down when you pressed the throttle. Changed it and it works how it should

91turbogsx

Reaction score
After getting a block off plate with the bung on it, install one of the EGT sensors from the exhaust. The parameter used on the DD to monitor EGT is found under Ford Drivers, labeled as "Spartan EGT Using EGR Input". Hope that helps.

IMG_0986.jpg

Strokerguy

Reaction score
What are average running EGT temps and full throttle temps??? I'm seeing about 800 for normal running and she climbs to 1200-1300 full throttle blasts.... Just wondering if I need to go ahead and do some water methanol injection for those lil "Drag" races???

Latest posts

Members online