How to remove Banks crap!

dietoremain

Reaction score
So my buddy has a 2000 7.3 that the previous owner installed Banks garbage on.. And the transcommand is a mess of wires and he can't tell what the heck the mess is. Anyone torn one off?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
FYI... The Banks "crap" as you call it is some of the best hard parts money can buy. While there electronic boxes leave lots to be desired, there IC, Turbo housings, IC tubes and such are great parts.

ToMang07

Reaction score
FYI... The Banks "crap" as you call it is some of the best hard parts money can buy. While there electronic boxes leave lots to be desired, there IC, Turbo housings, IC tubes and such are great parts.

Electronics is junk....which is what he's dealing with.

And as nice as their hard parts are, they are WAY overpriced, you can get better cheaper.

skew12

Reaction score
I had the transcommand on my truck when I bought it. Call banks up and they'll send you a "delete" plug that caps off what they have going into the tranny. No re-pinning needed. They'll send the instructions with it. Should be free. Just tell them you're the original buyer.

cj45lc

Reaction score
I had the transcommand on my truck when I bought it. Call banks up and they'll send you a "delete" plug that caps off what they have going into the tranny. No re-pinning needed. They'll send the instructions with it. Should be free. Just tell them you're the original buyer.

Mine has that plug on the transcommand, been there for a few years because I'm to damn lazy to mess with them wires

zilla68

Reaction score
I removed mine, and I think it was racerx that sent me the pin out of the plug so it would go back together correctly. It was an easy deal, once you figure out where those 2 pins went (I think it was 2 anyways)

95-SimpsonOBS

Reaction score
Call Banks and ask for the plug to reroute it to the factory settings, it was a $13 part shipped to my door and took 45 seconds to unplug the transcommand plug the new module in, zip tie it down and go.

Jason

Reaction score
The hard parts are great. My question is...why is he pulling them off??? Doesnt matter if its overpriced when that initial investment is on the previous owner. Enjoy the free parts, get some quality tunes and rkck and roll. You arent going to be able to pull the hard parts off and order new from someone else, and notice any difference at all, aside from your wallet being thinner, and people thinking your a bigger idiot than previously ventured.

PatriotHauling

Reaction score
The hard parts are great. My question is...why is he pulling them off??? Doesnt matter if its overpriced when that initial investment is on the previous owner. Enjoy the free parts, get some quality tunes and rkck and roll. You arent going to be able to pull the hard parts off and order new from someone else, and notice any difference at all, aside from your wallet being thinner, and people thinking your a bigger idiot than previously ventured.

He's not pulling hard parts, he's just pulling the trans command, which is junk.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.