How you purchase injectors..........

The biggest factor you use to decide what brand injector to purchase?

• Warranty

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Price

Votes: 3 3.9%
    Votes: 66 85.7%
  • Recommendation

Votes: 5 6.5%

• Total voters

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
I get numerous calls about what our warranty is and why we don't offer a longer term. So I would really like to know what the one key that makes the consumer purchase X brand verses Y or Z.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Long term warranty isn't such a big deal to me. If it's going to fail due to something wrong by the injector builder it's going to be relatively short term. Reputation, reccomendation, and customer service is are the big ones to me. It's only money.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
In the case of a shop purchasing injectors it is a bit different than a customer.

We look for idle quality and tune ability first and foremost. Secondly is the warranty process. Being as though we can properly diagnose an issue and separate an injector problem from a computer/wiring/sensor problem.... the injector builder has to have trust and be willing to send out replacement parts before the failed parts are seen in hand.

Nothing more frustrating than selling a set of injectors, having a small issue, and then being down 2 weeks waiting for the failed part to be repaired and sent back. Customers do not like waiting ever, especially on pieces they already paid for. Some people just do not have the service required to sell to other shops, then again some do. I guess it just takes a different production process to sell larger quantity and still keep the same quality.

We are always open to finding new and improved product! Injectors will never be perfect, something will come along that improves them every so slightly....which is why it is awesome people are still researching and perfecting the 7.3

SeeYa

Reaction score
I agree with Derek. Everyone doing injectors have been in the game a while, but there will always be someone who stands out because of R&D.

I never buy warranties or ever get to use them if I have one. For me its a moot point. It will not break during the warranty, but will wait 5 minutes after it expires. :fordoval:

Make the changes you feel you need to just keep doing what your doing with injectors. LOL

~Diane

mustube

Reaction score
I bought from y'all because of word of mouth quality on multiple forums. And I must say they were right. My truck runs awesome with my new injectors, idles great and starts great in the cold.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Honestly it was simply talking to you Tim.

When we talked I was not treated as a bother, or something taking you away from something else.

I've run a lot of injectors over the years, and have never had the level of service I got from you and your team!

gnxtc2

Reaction score
To me it's customer service and everything else will fall into place....I understand phone calls can't be answered right away and messages left should be returned in a timely fashion is big for me. If one is so busy that they can't return messages, then make it so you can't leave any. Taking time to answer questions without being rushed off the phone.

What my issue with parts that go bad under warranty, who pays the labor to R&R the bad part especially if the part was tested before it went out? Sending the bad part back first to be tested is total BS before a replacement is sent out. This is my biggest issue.

Billy T.
[email protected]

uw mitch

Reaction score
Having just bought injectors after researching them for a while my thought process went like this:

--Whose injectors should I buy? What have people said about the person behind the injectors? Are they a dick? Are they well respected? What kind of value am I getting for my money? Do these seem particularly overpriced or what I'm getting? Under priced?

Also, since I run a DP Tuner I weighted heavy to what Jody/Justin/Diane carry because they know how to tune for what they're selling. Then I asked Justin a bunch of questions. Then when it was looking like PIS was the front runner, I did more reading in your forum then convinced myself that your injectors were the best for my dollar and my needs based on your reputation.

Warranty - I hope if I run into a problem between Jody, Wes (the shop doing the install) and yourself we could figure something out that makes everyone happy...but based on reputation, I suspect I should be fairly safe.

~Mitch

mondtster

Reaction score
In the case of a shop purchasing injectors it is a bit different than a customer.

We look for idle quality and tune ability first and foremost. Secondly is the warranty process. Being as though we can properly diagnose an issue and separate an injector problem from a computer/wiring/sensor problem.... the injector builder has to have trust and be willing to send out replacement parts before the failed parts are seen in hand.

Nothing more frustrating than selling a set of injectors, having a small issue, and then being down 2 weeks waiting for the failed part to be repaired and sent back. Customers do not like waiting ever, especially on pieces they already paid for. Some people just do not have the service required to sell to other shops, then again some do. I guess it just takes a different production process to sell larger quantity and still keep the same quality.

We are always open to finding new and improved product! Injectors will never be perfect, something will come along that improves them every so slightly....which is why it is awesome people are still researching and perfecting the 7.3

I guess I'm not real sure why you believe buying parts as a shop is any different than buying them as an individual? As an individual, I'd be looking for very similar qualities.

When dealing with high performance aftermarket parts I don't worry a whole lot about warranty length, but more about how problems will be handled if they arise. I am plenty capable of figuring out if a part is causing the problems I'm seeing so when I call I don't want to get the run around.

My decisions on what shop to use mainly come from reputation, what the shop is offering, and customer service (I want to actually talk to someone at the shop when I call or email). The price needs to be competitive, but I don't care if I buy the lowest cost product or not.

Tim, you don't know me but FWIW based on my research you will be getting my business when I get around to putting injectors in my truck this spring. I don't know what your warranty period is, and frankly I don't care.

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
I weighed satisfied customers, tuner recommendations, and customer interaction. It meant a lot to me to see you, Tim, active on the message boards giving out unbiased good information. I build my truck to be reliable before anything else, and reading your posts and tuner feedback made me buy PIS injectors knowing it was the only choice along the way.

And for all vendors out there, down time is a big thing to most of us. Anything that you guys can do to limit that makes all the difference in the world. That and keeping me/us in the loop. I've always said that I'd rather get bad news than no news at all. Or bad news rather than BS. That goes along way with me. When I spend my money...I wanna know what's going on at all times.

My story in short...I knew when the day came, I was going with PIS injectors. My day came way sooner than I wanted. Had an injector go down on my way to work. Called Jody at DP-Tuner, told him my situation and that I was down a way to and from work. He calls Tim right away, Tim didn't have any 175/80's in stock. What does Tim do, goes to the shop, builds my 8 injectors and they went out the next day. Had my truck back running in a matter of days after going down. And Jody turned my chip from me to him and back to me in 3 days time. These guys earned my return and future business. As does Clay at RiffRaff and Bob at Dieselsite.

That's my story and my truck runs GREAT!!

Last edited:

jwlandry

Reaction score
To me, Its customer service and quality of the product. Warranty means nothing if your customer service is nothing. I dont think i could have made a better choice with PIS. Definitely a happy customer.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Warranty is not a big deal to me. Its the reputation and customer service. Price does play a part in it to. To a point that is.

Montgomery P-Stroke

Reaction score
Customer service and price.....products will almost always outlast the warranty period...unless it's a 4R100 from the Ford dealer...lol. Tim I'm looking forward to trying some of your small hybrids soon if I can ever get away from work myself.

V-Ref

Reaction score
Innovation-HEUI injector modifications are close hold for obvious reasons, as folks want to keep thier R&D close hold to protect their intellectual investment. But in the research I did, I found not all injector builders are doing the same things. Not all are testing in the same fashion. So a builder that embraced innovation, balanced against real world results....that was important to me. #1 in my book

Post purchase support was important to me. Mechanical things aren't impervious to failure. And yes, I've even broken a hammer. So it's not a matter of when, but if, something might break. This was #2 in my book.

The last is price point. The reality is we are all fiscally constrained. The money we dump in our trucks is finite. I think a guy really has to ask themself what the goals are, and spend thier money in a balanced fashion. $4500 injectors with a set of $200 used head studs, drop in turbo, and weak stock hpop? OR maybe a better way to look at things is a new set of H11s, a $1300 38R, and spend the rest on some nice hybrids and a modded single hpop. So this was #3.

Don't mean to stir anything up as I believe all the sponsors of this site make very reputable injectors. And I feel fortunate that this platform has the options it has....and companies are still investing into new options (ex NLTD honey badger, and the Brute 66)...and better yet...still supporting previous products. Best aftermarket diesel community bar none in my opinion.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
Start somber violin....

Honestly it was simply talking to you Tim.

When we talked I was not treated as a bother, or something taking you away from something else.

I've run a lot of injectors over the years, and have never had the level of service I got from you and your team!

....end violin.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
If it has a Reputation of being a good product warranty isn't as big of deal for me..

Look at ATS... is their warranty junk ? not neccisarily ... is their REPUTATION for following through with warranty junk ? yes.

These days with EVERYONE owning a shop of some sort or rebuilding this or that, a shop that has established a reputation would win over a fly by night builder who had a great warranty.

Example: Joe and Nate from unlimited and im sure a few others who remember the thread about a certain injector builder who came to town. I did not run his injectors but had a few friends that did. he had a GREAT price, He had a 5 Year unlimited mile warranty. went and visited with him he was a Alright guy , tore injectors down right in front of me, explained how they are made, how they work, how they get their cc rating and how he matches them... seemed great. Fast Forward 3 months, have a buddy ( DZLSMOKE) who bought some 180/30% from him , installed and then no start, only 200psi, pulled VC and found 3 of them pissing oil out from under the solenoid . he pulled them and the guy replaced the internal orings that were leaking .. idled pretty rough after that, my buddy changed the solenoids on 2 of them and fixed the idle /CEL .

another buddy (chris89) bought some 238/200s from him, they ran good at WOT but at idle sounded like it was running on 4 cyl. the builder swears he had them flowed but they don't run like it... 2 weeks after install it started running even WORSE and after 30 seconds died and nostarted him . Pulled VC and one of the solenoids was melted... like dripping melted plastic over the body of the injector then toasting the IDM.. builder swears it was IDM that melted the injector and he did give my buddy a IDM and rebuilt the injector.

Had ANOTHER buddy who sent him injectors to be flowed and put back together, 3 months later he cant get ahold of the builder, builder will not respond so I stirred the pot on a local diesel FB page he was on.. come to find out He lied about a death in the family as a excuse as to why they weren't done, and then just sent the injectors back to him in pieces.

moral of the story PT1: builder had no reputation and a GREAT warranty, and even tho he held up his end and made things right Why would someone want to be constantly fixing their injectors..

moral of the story PT2: Builder has now packed up shop and moved to Colorado.. changed his number and his business name so now ANYONE with his injectors is now SOL for his magnificent warranty.

Reputation means more than anything to the people who are in this for the long haul.. the 16 year old kids who have a better chance of totaling their truck before thy reach 400HP are the only ones who are gonna care about only the price, and as far as warranty goes like I said, If you build a good product warranty is not needed.

and to Joe and Nate ... you told me so .

Latest posts

Members online