Howdy from Laramie

Platinum250

Reaction score
Hello guys, I'm Derrick. I'm from Iowa but I am currently living in Laramie, WY for diesel school. I drive a 2001 Platinum Edition 7.3 that has, TS 6 position switch w/ Beans custom tunes, Stage 1 160HP SS Injectors, Custom intake, 4" Down|5" Straight|6" MBRP tip. The old owner of my truck was/is a member and there is a PowerStroke Army sticker in the back window so I figured I'd join.

Platinum250

Reaction score
Very nice! Just a little ways south of you in Fort Collins.

Ah very nice. Being close do you recommend any tranny shops close to us? Everyone says to avoid anyone here in Laramie and apparently Cheyenne isn't much better. My stock 4r100 blew up a few weeks ago and I need to get it rebuilt.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Ah very nice. Being close do you recommend any tranny shops close to us? Everyone says to avoid anyone here in Laramie and apparently Cheyenne isn't much better. My stock 4r100 blew up a few weeks ago and I need to get it rebuilt.

Closest that I know of and trust would probably be Elite. They are just a couple hours south of you and have some solid transmissions.

Platinum250

Reaction score
Closest that I know of and trust would probably be Elite. They are just a couple hours south of you and have some solid transmissions.

I've looked at them a little. I'm a broke college student and paying $4000 for a tranny isn't very feasible right now. I looked at their rebuild kit which I think is $500 so now I need to find a place to install it. How bad are these transmissions to rebuild? I know there are probably a few specialty tools involved. The only automatic I've ever rebuilt was an Allison 1000 in school.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
4r isn't bad but you do need a special tool to hold a basket together while you lower it back in the Trans not too expensive tho I think it's 75 bucks. You also need a pump puller or a way to pull the pump

Latest posts

Members online