Howdy!! Just another PSD addict here...

SkySki Jason

Reaction score
I've got a couple 7.3's and since nothing I've ever driven stayed 'stock' for very long - these are no exception. I have put about 230k miles of the 330k on my F350, yeah thats MY butt-groove in the drivers seat!! :p Within a couple months of owning it (back in the days when TDS was the bomb!!) it was straight-piped, had a 6637 air filter and even a 10k mod. LOL I eventually graduated to a 'real' chip, Stage 1.5 injectors, etc. Oh, and the SVO conversion went in at 190k (lemme know if ya care about that, I'll elaborate) It has a big, honkin' front bumper, 255/85/16 Toyo M55's (33" tall) and '07 grill and headlights with Electrosport (true dual-beam) HID's. Then, at 308k a crack in a piston made a hole and since (7) cyls wasn't enough for me - a new engine was in order. The good news was there was no indication of 'alternative fuels' when old engine was torn down. New engine has AC codes, 38R, studs, shimmed 910 springs, ceramic-coated manifolds, ceramic-coated Int'l bellowed uppies and turbo exhaust housing too! Riffraff boots, plenum inserts, t-bar clamps everywhere, SB ceramic/metallic dual-friction clutch and stuff...

The Excursion was bought for my (ex)wife to commute to college in. Its job was to burn nearly-free WVO instead of the $500/mth worth of gasoline I was putting in a mini-van. :doh: She drove it for about 50k miles and it literally paid for itself. During the time she drove it, the only 'mods' were chip, AIS intake, brakes, '02+ headlights and of course the 'bulletproofed' automatic VO conversion. I've got v-codes up front, MX6 shocks all around and will install b-codes, Hellwig sway bar and Landyot Radius Rods as soon as I get a chance... It got a BTS trans and tunes in Dec '10 and I got a TT Toy Hauler in April - so the 5ver will be sold and X is now my primary ride (I live in camper while working all over the country). BTS meant the other mods can begin! Well, the turbo spit out the exhaust wheel a couple weeks ago - so for now I'm sticking a van turbo in it (this weekend!!) along with 4" exhaust. Someday, I hope to install headstuds, Stage 3 sticks, big oil and a big 'charger. I'd like a 500hp daily driver/tow rig. (doesn't everyone?? :D)

I guess thats enough to qualify me as an addict! Lookin' forward to hanging out here and learning more and more about these unique engines! :thumbup:

here's the X and TT:
IMAG1397.jpg

and F350 taking Mike's truck from NJ to Lead Hill, AR earlier this year (something about transmission shop there...)
IMAG1322.jpg

Latest posts

Members online