How's every ones 6.4 stock tranny holdin up?

03silvertj

Reaction score
80k miles now tuned since about 50k (can't remember exactly) it's still holding up.

Dena6.4

Reaction score
Just hit 100k, tuned with gear head race since 68k, never skipped a beat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

TRUBBS

Reaction score
how much can one expect to spend on a built 6.4 trans?

Depends on what your wanting as far as converter, billet internals, and clutches. You can buy rebuild kits for 1200 or have one built costing up to 9-10k with every option

thanks. just trying to get a good idea.

i dont think id need every option but a few. as i like to race/sled pull from time to time, just mainly like to be able to go fast when I want and have more then plenty towing power

RSK

Reaction score
bought my 10' with 88k on it, 96k now 4 months later and its been tuned for 7k in gear heads hot street at 547/1030 to the wheels and getting beat on daily fine for the most part. might have a slight issue. sometimes after a drive down the highway it doesn't downshift back into 1st when i come to a stop. it stays in 3rd or 4th. I think it might need a sensor or solenoid. but there is no wrench light and it doesn't slip other wise. I plan to continue kicking its azz daily and when it goes it goes, and i'll have mine built with elite parts with a dpc converter. no fluid changes yet even, and the truck was 100% stock before i got it, all i've been running is a dpf/cat delete and the hot street tune, but i may upgrade to the race tune from matt@gearhead.

strokinpower

Reaction score
I have broken just about everything on this truck except the transmission. It is a beast. I did have to replace the temp sensor. I want to put in a modified DD solenoid to help it last a little longer. Its been down the track several times, had the **** beat out of it on the street and pulls a trailer weekly. The truck is an early job 1 08 with 128k on it now.

3brorce

Reaction score
My solenoid also sticks once in awhile after a hard run thru the gears. It has done that since I have been tuned.

Csilva187

Reaction score
60k here soon. tuned since about 32k. This summer will see how it goes, I did my studs and now an atmos coming outta winter soooo...

johnp115

Reaction score
103k, gearhead mcc tuning since 70k. 1 Dyno run and one pass, feels really strong. Y'all make me feel good about mine lol i treat it pretty easy. Maybe ill throw a 76 on before a trans..

Delaware6.4

Reaction score
Bought mine with 60k on it last april, didn't make it thru last track season before I broke the reverse planetary. Trans always felt good all 50 or so passes under 12.5

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
Mines on its way out. 145k miles. Reverse engagement is getting worse. After that it backs up fine and goes forward in all gears just fine still but its a ticking time bomb now im afraid.

swinky

Reaction score
The tcm tuning must be much better on the 6.4s. My trans lasted 3 weeks at round 575/900.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Wemoy1

Reaction score
Shattered case on a ZF6 after 68k. Spartan 275 tune with twin pumps and 30% injectors

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.