HPFP questions

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
so while back, ford had the thoughts to change the manufacturer of the hpfp, and led to all the failures of that front seal, filling the motor with diesel and shelling a motor.

i have my f-450 which is now in need of a hpfp.

did ford fix the issue?

if so, are all those junk pumps now gone or could i still possibly end up with one?

i intend on having ford replace the pump, thereby giving them the ball of if it breaks, they will fix it. i just wanna make sure i make them back it long enough if it does shell, it's their baby. it got a new short block 15k ago and i don't wanna lose that if i can help it.

what was the average life of those pumps that were bad? how long did it generally take for them to go to chit.

just wanna make sure i cover my bases, cuz you know that ford will tell me all of that when i ask...lol.

i suppose your reading, so lets see if you know this.

i have a P0088, which ford tells me is fuel rail pressure to high. so the pump is internally regulated. could the wiring harness for the pump possibly be the cause or is it the pump? and if you do the pump, should the harness be changed at the same time as well? one of those piece of mind things. don't they have a tendency to chafe or something?

Last edited:

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Is your truck stock? There is a reprogram to fix that code.

As far as the harness, yes replace it with the pump, as it is the gasket for the pump as well. As far as failures, we have had decent luck lately, but a lot of it is in install, as i have seen guys crank the chit outta them trying to bleed the system instead of taking the time to bleed it right. The warranty is good, as lonag as your dealer isnt as chitty as the guy who was saying he was ***ked over multiple times by dealers on his motors that cracked pistons...

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
simple as a new flash. i'll look into that.

thnx.

when was that reprogram put out? ford did the short block at the tail end of the warranty. so right at 1.5 - 2 years ago.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
It been probably about a year or so now. But if they put a motor in under warranty they may not have reprogrammed it. Its at least worth a shot to see if there is an update.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.