HPO Leak Found? Pics

DHFF

Reaction score
So I've had the truck back after a complete rebuild (some of you know this...sigh) and it ran for 3 weeks before it developed an HPO leak and wouldn't start when the oil temp was over 180 degrees. It started fine when it was cold and ran great, until I shut it down. Usually could wait 2 hours and it would fire right back up.

Anyway after reading I figured I had some bad oil rail seals or top injector seals. What do you guys think?????

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 106
Last edited:

DHFF

Reaction score
Clip and seal removed. Kind of a pain in the ass!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    747.8 KB · Views: 81

DHFF

Reaction score
I REALLY hope thats where my leak was. The only thing not replaced were the oil rails and some of the injectors because were all working good.

Also, are you supposed to be able to wiggle the nipple cups on the oil rail? They seem to move pretty freely. I bought new o rings and the socket to remove them but wondered if that could be an issue as well????

Irontx

Reaction score
I REALLY hope thats where my leak was. The only thing not replaced were the oil rails and some of the injectors because were all working good.

Also, are you supposed to be able to wiggle the nipple cups on the oil rail? They seem to move pretty freely. I bought new o rings and the socket to remove them but wondered if that could be an issue as well????

Yeah.... They swivel around a little....

DHFF

Reaction score
That injector o-ring looks like it was pinched or something... I bet that's it man.

Actually Mike it looks like its been burned? Like its friction eroded almost. 4 of the injectors are near new so after I replace the seals in the other 4 we'll see. Also gonna make sure the oldest injectors are in the front so they are easier to get out if one takes a chit.

I REALLY hope this solves my issue. Goddamn this truck is lucifer.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
I've diagnosed a few trucks with no starts caused by those seals being blown. Our local diesel injection pump shop can replace just the seals which saves a bunch of money.

DHFF

Reaction score
I've diagnosed a few trucks with no starts caused by those seals being blown. Our local diesel injection pump shop can replace just the seals which saves a bunch of money.

Do they pull the clip and spacer or were they able to pick the old seal and roll the new one in with lube? I got one of the clips out but the rest have proven to be smarter than me.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Do they pull the clip and spacer or were they able to pick the old seal and roll the new one in with lube? I got one of the clips out but the rest have proven to be smarter than me.

They roll the new one in without messing with the clip. The old guy there said the procedure calls for pulling the clips but its impossible.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
You don't pull the clips, you use a sharp punch and hit them 180 from the opening.. It breaks the circuit, but it comes new in the kit for a reason.. But of course you can just change the d ring with removing clip..

Very common to see these fail. Especially if their a certain brand I won't mention.

Mdub707

Reaction score
You don't pull the clips, you use a sharp punch and hit them 180 from the opening.. It breaks the circuit, but it comes new in the kit for a reason.. But of course you can just change the d ring with removing clip..

Very common to see these fail. Especially if their a certain brand I won't mention.

I'd prefer if you did mention it.... LOL

As I'm sure other guys would too.

Latest posts

Members online