HPOP Gear Spun off

Trav-O

Reaction score
Anyone had a HPOP Gear Spin off. We put a New Honey Badger HPOP on a customers truck. Drove fine for 50 miles and then, it died. Couldn't find a leak or IPR/ICP issue. Said screw it dug into the valley. Gear, was laying in there not attached to the HPOP. Gear isn't damaged bolt is still intact. Weird, this is a first for me. Cost me man hours, and customer has been needing is truck back. Mainly wondering, if this happened to anyone else.

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Swinky, I went with the Adrenaline pump. Granted I only put on about 200 miles but all seems well so far. There are a few guys that are running the Adrenaline pump w.o issues. The only Issue Ive heard of so far was during beta testing, which is to be somewhat expect as its in beta, and the guy on here that had the same failure twice. Which leads me to believe its his truck that has issues which caused the pump to fail twice the same way.

swinky

Reaction score
People are all over the place on them, I think I'm going to try the T500 but will probably end up with duals.

Jennifer@Dieselsite

Reaction score
We talking about an 03-04 6.0L?

Then yes, it is actually not unreasonable to hear the gear has spun off.
It is common? Not exactly... but the way the gear is designed it WILL loosen itself when it spins.

There are solutions to ensure it doesn't happen (or will happen as little as possible) - we do a few additional things to the gear and bolt itself when we built ours like adding the pin and making sure the bolt is as snug as possible. Locktite may even be involved, I'm not sure... been awhile since I looked at the early 6.0L pumps.

But I could probably give you at least 3-4 instances in the past year of tech calls where guys think their stock pump is dead but after mentioning the gear test (better safe than sorry, eh? $999 because a gear was loose is rough) they'll call back and mention the gear wasn't tight and had spun itself off.

I don't know anything about how the 6.0L HB Jrs are made so I couldn't tell you if your instance is just one of those weird freak occurrences or if it could have been preventable.

Jennifer@Dieselsite

Reaction score
Yessir -

03-04 - Slightly Larger than Stock (supports up to 190 to 205cc inj)
03-04 - High Volume (for 205cc and larger)

Bigger is not better, buy based on size.

05-07 - Building daily - so we're very close to having these in stock at all times.

Jennifer@Dieselsite

Reaction score
I see them successfully holding ICP with 300cc con. and 350cc hybrids and I'm using customer reports for that information. There's a Honda Civic 6.0L swap guy around here that's holding max ICP on the HV with a ridiculous setup I think.

The most recent forum goer I know of is Elmo who posted up 275 or 285 cc cons holding max ICP.

swinky

Reaction score
I see them successfully holding ICP with 300cc con. and 350cc hybrids and I'm using customer reports for that information. There's a Honda Civic 6.0L swap guy around here that's holding max ICP on the HV with a ridiculous setup I think.

The most recent forum goer I know of is Elmo who posted up 275 or 285 cc cons holding max ICP.
He has hybrids.

Jomax

Reaction score

A 6.0 in a Honda civic?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jennifer@Dieselsite

Reaction score
Thought honey badger jr's were only for 7.3's

Not a lot of difference between the 94-03 7.3L pumps and the 03-04 6.0L pumps. If you can build one, you can typically build the other. You just have to be careful and know what to look for with each one as they have different issues with reliability.

Joey from Terminator also builds one - which surprises people sometimes because they just know him for 7.3Ls. He's a great option when you need a high volume pump and can't lay down the money for our billet version. He requires the core up ahead but I don't think that's a bad thing as it allows him to inspect it first to make sure it is in good and rebuild-able condition. Not a lot of those cores are at this point.

I also just tried to find more videos of that civic only to find out that fun project has turned into a cummins....

PDKLgSY.gif

Latest posts

Members online