hpop has 0 psi. no start

Blowby

Reaction score
40K miles...I was thinking it was a new install. If you're in CO I have a pump you can swap out to see if you are correct.

Marty

Reaction score
That crossed my mind. However the pump has been installed for 40,000 miles. Going to see if we can pressure test the rails. Although if there was a leaky injector o ring, the truck would of ran like crap and smoked for a few seconds before it died. The truck had a sudden shut down, just like a cps. No smoke.
I have a feeling the pump died??

O rings can fail immediately, and I've also never seen a pump "just die"... just trying to help you out.

fyrehose

Reaction score
O rings can fail immediately, and I've also never seen a pump "just die"... just trying to help you out.

I was not sure of that. If the orings fail on one injector, that will cause a sudden shut down?

Blowby

Reaction score
Have you taken the valve cover off and watched while someone tries to start it? Oil galley plug fall out? You need to get a lever pump and have a hose made to connect to the #5 o-ring type fitting or directly to the head where the HPOP hose connects. Isolate the head from the HPOP or other head. Attach a high pressure gauge and bring each side up to pressure. This will tell you if you have an injector issue or a leak in the head. With the valve covers off you might hear or see where it's leaking. If everything is good then it's your HPOP, relief valve, IPR or check ball. I think you said you have oil in the res correct?

Wackerjr

Reaction score
Sounds like an internal snap ring let go internally....

I would put a known good pump on the truck and would bet that the truck fires right up.....

fyrehose

Reaction score
Sounds like an internal snap ring let go internally....

I would put a known good pump on the truck and would bet that the truck fires right up.....

I have a good feeling it is the pump also. I earlier stated the pump had 40,000 miles on it. It actually has <10,000. Once we get a hose made, we will test the HPOP.

Blowby

Reaction score
That crossed my mind. However the pump has been installed for 40,000 miles. Going to see if we can pressure test the rails. Although if there was a leaky injector o ring, the truck would of ran like crap and smoked for a few seconds before it died. The truck had a sudden shut down, just like a cps. No smoke.
I have a feeling the pump died??
Good call fyrehose!

Members online

No members online now.