HPOP question

_DieselPower_

Reaction score
Lots of diesel shops are having cyber Monday deals and I figured it might be a good time to jump on getting my HPOP. Ive always been told the adrenaline HPOP is a really good pump for the 7.3 but after talking to some other people they are starting to sway my opinion. Just wondering what you guys think is a better HPOP and what you have in your rig that you like or dislike. Just looking for some input really

_DieselPower_

Reaction score
Because my old pump is on her last legs and figure put a high pressure in it because when I get on her she likes to sputter

Blowby

Reaction score
Lots of diesel shops are having cyber Monday deals and I figured it might be a good time to jump on getting my HPOP. Ive always been told the adrenaline HPOP is a really good pump for the 7.3 but after talking to some other people they are starting to sway my opinion. Just wondering what you guys think is a better HPOP and what you have in your rig that you like or dislike. Just looking for some input really
To answer the OP's question a strong HPOP will help a lot. I run the adrenaline on the 2000 CC and have about 50k miles on it. I also have a few dual HPOP's and that really controls the fuel pressures to a new level. So if you just want a better than stock HPOP go with an adrenaline, if you're looking for additional modifications and specific tuning go dual.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
To answer the OP's question a strong HPOP will help a lot. I run the adrenaline on the 2000 CC and have about 50k miles on it. I also have a few dual HPOP's and that really controls the fuel pressures to a new level. So if you just want a better than stock HPOP go with an adrenaline, if you're looking for additional modifications and specific tuning go dual.

Replacing a strong factory HPOP with a ok aftermarket one will net you nothing...

Thats why I was asking the questions...

Of course some just want to add to there sig's and throw parts they dont need at there trucks, if thats the case then carry on...:shrug:

_DieselPower_

Reaction score
Okay cuz I have talked to my shop and he has told me my hpop is getting old. It has 155k on it and when I do really hammer down you can hear it sputter. I would like to try and get her up to around 500hp and one of my my good buddies told me the adrenaline hpop is where to start. Maybe this isnt the correct answer and you guys might know something different

Blowby

Reaction score
Replacing a strong factory HPOP with a ok aftermarket one will net you nothing...

Thats why I was asking the questions...

Of course some just want to add to there sig's (nice sig BTW Joe) and throw parts they dont need at there trucks, if thats the case then carry on...:shrug:
Maybe the 1999.5 in his sig didn't slap you in the face.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Maybe the 1999.5 in his sig didn't slap you in the face.

My sig has what I have in my truck... Its not a filler or anything of the sort...

99.5? Big deal... Its got a 17* pump...

It spudders... ok, that could be a fuel pressure issue, a tuning issue, an air issue, or yes, a HPO issue...

A good factory HPOP will support 250/200 hybrids which will put you at or above 500hp.

_DieselPower_

Reaction score
My sig has what I have in my truck... Its not a filler or anything of the sort...

99.5? Big deal... Its got a 17* pump...

It spudders... ok, that could be a fuel pressure issue, a tuning issue, an air issue, or yes, a HPO issue...

A good factory HPOP will support 250/200 hybrids which will put you at or above 500hp.
Okay so maybe this should be my question. Ive owned my truck for a few months now and all the necessities are taken care of. I wanna get into the engine and not 100% sure where to start. What is in my sig is what is in my truck. Just looking for some guidance is all

Stroker#66

Reaction score
I'm running a t500 pump and I've put 550hp down with it. For what I've got in the pump money wise I'm more than happy with it. Adrenaline,srp1.1,duels,genlll are all good set ups it just come down to how much you want to spend and what your further goals are for the truck

Blowby

Reaction score

99.5? Big deal... Its got a 17* pump...:doh:

I know what it has in it. Commenting on the 13 years of use. I see he bought it recently so he probably has no idea of the service during this time.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I know what it has in it. Commenting on the 13 years of use. I see he bought it recently so he probably has no idea of the service during this time.

My wifes Excursion has 210k on it with the factory HPOP... Hits 3000psi without issue.

Was just looking to get some background to figure out why he thought he needed a HPOP... Still have not seen anything that says he needs one.

_DieselPower_

Reaction score
The only reason I thought I needed an hpop was because the owner of the performance shop I go to. Says that is the reason it sputters but now doing a lil more research seeing it could be something else Id like to know how to know the difference. Just trying to gain a lil knowledge

CSIPSD

Reaction score
The only reason I thought I needed an hpop was because the owner of the performance shop I go to. Says that is the reason it sputters but now doing a lil more research seeing it could be something else Id like to know how to know the difference. Just trying to gain a lil knowledge

I'm not faulting you on that at all, thats why I asked the questions...

Need to get a scanner on there, something that can watch ICP pressures and duty cycle as well as Pulse width...

_DieselPower_

Reaction score
Okay how can I get a scanner on there? Im kinda just getting into the whole diesel performance game I deal alot with Agricultural diesel so I have a good back ground just some things are outta my range of knowledge

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
:whs:

That should be the first thing on the list for anyone that plans to up the power level of there truck and doesn't have a performance shop right down the street.

Just my .02

_DieselPower_

Reaction score
well see thats the thing. I do have a performance shop down the street lol. And their Powerstroke Mechanic is one of the best guys around. He told me I needed a new hpop. But I might order that scanner as well cuz it is a good tool to have

Latest posts

Members online