hpop res leaking down.

Cratos

Reaction score
I had to have the front cover changed on the 7.3. but now that I have it home I have a slow start issue I have found that the HPOP res is empty overnight.
I also had the lpop changed at the same time. I know when it was put on it was packed with what looked like red grease, could this a caused an injector O-ring to blow? I have noticed when I picked it up at the shop that the oil pressure was about 2-3 psi higher than it is now, (probably from the grease in the system?)I have unhooked the DS line to the head ( no oil was in the line)and put a fitting and hose on it and filled it with oil and refilled the res.to see if it is the DS side , or front cover leaking next I will do the PS if the res leaks down. It just seems odd that I did not have any leak down problems before the front cover change?
the new cover part # is for 99-03 (I had them return the old one to me,so I checked both #'s on the covers) is the only diffarnce in the cover the filter screen?

Last edited:

fatsix

Reaction score
Lemme walk out to the garage and look around. I remember having to modify my front cover for the 17* hpop. I remember reading if you didn't drill the hole, it would leak down. You might need the newer reservoir to match the newer front cover.

If its none of that. My guess would be injector O rings. I had a set fail on new injectors.

Last edited:

fatsix

Reaction score
After taking a quick look. The 17* hpop has a drain back check ball in it. I had to drill the stock cover to make this hole available and countersink it to use the gasket, as well as run the SD reservoir. I'd have to go into the top of the garage to find the stock reservoir to see what lines up with that hole.

You might have that hole wide open with no check ball in the pump, just allowing it to run out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.