HSM 64mm turbo?

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
I'm well aware that there are other options out there that are proven and more affordable, but I've been curious about trying to get my hands on the Bell 64mm charger and running it on my truck. It's a harebrained idea at best, but I'd just like to hear from others that have insight and knowledge of the product. I'm thinking of trying to find good deal(used) on one and throwing it together with one of the many quality T-4 kits out there and running that setup with my current 175/75 injectors. I don't know which would be optimal, the spool or sport housing, but that's a bridge that'll be crossed months from now, if ever. I don't see why this wouldn't work, but I don't have too much info on this turbo.

If you're just gonna comment "do an s364sxe" save it, that's closer to what I'll probably end up with, but I currently want to explore this option.

The only drawback I'm seeing is the lack of info on the charger(at least when I last looked) and the fact that it's not proven yet, as far as I'm aware. And price is another big drawback, listed at over 2200 on the HSM website.

Someone has to have tried this or considered it…or is trying it or decided against it, wanna hear feedback/thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spooledplatinum

Reaction score
If you find 2 used kits let me know! People just dont get rid of these because of the great quality they do have! Unless theyre going bigger. Talk to jcain on here. He has one on his truck and i have talked to him about it. Also look at my post when i asked about it. I got some pretty good feedback on it

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
If you find 2 used kits let me know! People just dont get rid of these because of the great quality they do have! Unless theyre going bigger. Talk to jcain on here. He has one on his truck and i have talked to him about it. Also look at my post when i asked about it. I got some pretty good feedback on it

My issue is I just need the turbo, and I feel that most people won't want to get rid of the turbo. I've read Jon's review of it and it makes me want one more. Iirc his kit is for sale?

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Im sure Zane will sell you just the turbo. I have one I have had 5 Pius turbos...The 64 is great, I tow 15K etc.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I think that the open scroll works well with the 6.7 because it is a fairly small turbo on a larger displacement engine that is very efficient overall.

I don't think the 64 is a bad choice but in my experience going from a t3 open turbo to a t4 divided the 6.0 does feel much more lively with the divided housing.

HS-MotorsportsZane

Reaction score
I think it would work great on a 6.0L, do the spool housing. Always wanted to see someone try one on a 6.0L, maybe you should:)

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
I think it would work great on a 6.0L, do the spool housing. Always wanted to see someone try one on a 6.0L, maybe you should:)

Don't you tempt me…lol if I didn't have to do a trans, I'd be all over it. Maybe in the future though. Spool housing with 175s seems like it'd be fun…

I'd love to try one on my 6.0. I'd love to be able to tow again.

Or maybe Joshie will try it first and be a pioneer, and convince me to follow suit…

blackcloudpsd03

Reaction score
I'm well aware that there are other options out there that are proven and more affordable, but I've been curious about trying to get my hands on the Bell 64mm charger and running it on my truck. It's a harebrained idea at best, but I'd just like to hear from others that have insight and knowledge of the product. I'm thinking of trying to find good deal(used) on one and throwing it together with one of the many quality T-4 kits out there and running that setup with my current 175/75 injectors. I don't know which would be optimal, the spool or sport housing, but that's a bridge that'll be crossed months from now, if ever. I don't see why this wouldn't work, but I don't have too much info on this turbo.

If you're just gonna comment "do an s364sxe" save it, that's closer to what I'll probably end up with, but I currently want to explore this option.

The only drawback I'm seeing is the lack of info on the charger(at least when I last looked) and the fact that it's not proven yet, as far as I'm aware. And price is another big drawback, listed at over 2200 on the HSM website.

Someone has to have tried this or considered it…or is trying it or decided against it, wanna hear feedback/thoughts.

the 7.3 guys swear by the bell 66mm over the s366 but to each it's own.. I believe they are around the same specs.

I k know what you mean about trying to get I for on a turbo. I tried to get into on a fmw 62 or 64.5 on a 7.3 and there was no info.. and they laughed because it was "too small" Altho they would rather run a dinosaur h2e

Latest posts

Members online