Hub nut size

jngreen

Reaction score
I don't know the "size" off the top of my head, but you can go to a parts store to find one. You need an axle nut socket, they should be able to look it up. A standard socket isn't gonna get it.

These sockets usually are not cheap. I have a collection of about 10 of them, but don't know which one is which. I usually just try each one till I find one that fits. If you were close, I would let you borrow a couple of them to try.

jngreen

Reaction score
Another thing, you can usually get the nuts out of the hub very easily if you use a large screwdriver, or small prybar. Wedge it between the splines of the hub and the nut and then use another prybar to spin the hub with the studs. the nut should come out, then you can take it with you to the parts store to ensure that you get the correct size socket.

jngreen

Reaction score
I think I paid 50 bucks for a nice one for my rear axle from NAPA.

Tom S

Reaction score
I want to say 2 9/16 rounded corner from memory for auto hubs.

Last edited:

jngreen

Reaction score
My 95 took a socket with the 4 keys or nipples on it, but it may have been from the manual lockout conversion.

jngreen

Reaction score
I didn't know anyone still running auto hubs on an OBS anymore, but now I do.

96stacked&smoken

Reaction score
Yep.lol Havent really had any trouble out of them the 4 years iv had it and they just need the preload reset now from were i dont think i got that one right when i did my brakes.lol

jngreen

Reaction score
Yep.lol Havent really had any trouble out of them the 4 years iv had it and they just need the preload reset now from were i dont think i got that one right when i did my brakes.lol

You probably have much more to worry about right now than auto or manual hubs after the tornados down there. Are all of your friends and family okay? Hell, it barely stormed up here, it looked pretty touchy there for awhile though. At one point it just got quiet out and the wind and rain stopped. I was waiting for hell to break loose, but it just got a little windy and started raining again.

96stacked&smoken

Reaction score
Yeah i made a thread on it. A f4 went through my town and killed a family and a lil girl was found in a field in the next town.Shes alive but barely. Were ok but alot arent. thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.