HUGE gains from FICM ONLY tune!

Gearhead

Reaction score
yeah but only until the pw is maxed out for stock injectors. Once you have bigger injectors then it will come alive.

I would venture to say that pulsewidth can already be maxed out with the help of the stage 1 FICM flash and tuning. The orig flash Bill had 2 years ago works great with my tuning. It sounds like the new stage 1 is even a little better yet.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I would venture to say that pulsewidth can already be maxed out with the help of the stage 1 FICM flash and tuning. The orig flash Bill had 2 years ago works great with my tuning. It sounds like the new stage 1 is even a little better yet.
Bills tuning compliments any custom tuning.:thumbsup: I've tried my Truck Source, Innovative and Quick Tricks tunes with his original FICM tuning and it brought them all to life!

I would like to try the SRL++ as well as Bills big horse power SCT tune. I've done write ups on all my tunes and everyone saw my dyno numbers from the Super Panties at PHP. I like to have first hand experience with these tunes before I recommend them to my members. Every tune has it's plus's and different tunes work better for different people and their driving habits. We have had 5 members contacting Chris at TSD since my write up on the Super Panties.

Matt, I would also like to talk to you about the average mpg's to be expected from the SRL++. We currently have a GPDA member running that tune and while he made very impressive numbers with this tune at the PHP dyno day, he complains of horrible fuel mileage. From other reports I've read on this tune, it usually seems to produce very acceptable fuel mileage. This leads me to believe there could be something corrupted in the tune. This is the first instance I've heard of a truck losing mpg's on a custom tune. You wrote this tune for the truck's first owner while it was in Texas. The new owner (Chris) bought the truck in Texas and brought it back here. If you could shoot me a PM when you have time, I'd like to talk to you about it.

Power Hungry

Reaction score
Bill is this the one you put on my rig in September of last year? Or which one was that?

Ive got some things in the works and will probably be hitting you up for a new set of tunes sometime over the next month or so.

No, these are a completely new set of tunes. The Level 1 Economy is probably the closest to your tune that you got last year, but even that tune has changed. The newer one should work a bit better and be more responsive than the ones we were using last year.

Fox hunt

Reaction score
Bill- You were saying that the atlas 80 had some slight smoke, but if i were to get the it and had to do a emissions test could and ecm tune be used to pull some fuel so that there wasnt any smoke during a snap test?

Power Hungry

Reaction score
Because of the increased PW, there would conceivably be some smoke during a snap test. It's hard to say as my truck runs extremely clean, even with the most aggressive tunes. I know other trucks can cloud up with even a small tune, so I'd say it really depends on the vehicle. If I was put to it, I'd say the the Atlas 80 would still be able to pass the snap test as long as the ECM was returned to stock. Of course, if you get the FICM programmed using the remote programmer option, you can actually test each of the programs to see what will work best for you. :D

Power Hungry

Reaction score
(This example is with a stock ECM strategy.)

(click on image to enlarge)
stk_w_all_ficm_tunes_sm.jpg

(This example is with a stock 100 Race strategy.)

(click on image to enlarge)
100r_w_all_ficm_tunes_sm.jpg

Just in case anyone missed the changes, we added the Econ program into the comparison graphs and updated the images.

Enjoy!

Gearhead

Reaction score
if anyone will get on a dyno and test bills ficm flashes with my tuning, i'll gladly throw a SRL file in the mix

Dave

Reaction score
Gimme about 3 weeks and I'll do it. Im just waiting on my new FICM

Agjake11

Reaction score
id love to do it but how would someone switch ficm tunes like PHP has done? that and i was waiting to do the FICM tune after the larger injector tune is available

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Matt we already did it with Bills old tune. I'd run your SRL with my Atlas 80 at Bills next time I get up there. We're going back at the end on March if you're interested. Just let me know.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Matt we already did it with Bills old tune. I'd run your SRL with my Atlas 80 at Bills next time I get up there. We're going back at the end on March if you're interested. Just let me know.

Gets some studs and compare the SRLXX with and without FICM tuning.:redspotdance:

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I've got studs and DD the Super Panties. I already have the FICM tune, so if you're looking for a studded truck without a FICM tune, I can't help you, sorry. All the 6.0's in our club have FICM tuning as well. Best I could do is give you numbers made with the FICM tune and compare them to what other tuners stuff made on my truck.

Power Hungry

Reaction score
I've got studs and DD the Super Panties. I already have the FICM tune, so if you're looking for a studded truck without a FICM tune, I can't help you, sorry. All the 6.0's in our club have FICM tuning as well. Best I could do is give you numbers made with the FICM tune and compare them to what other tuners stuff made on my truck.

We could always put your truck back to stock. :D :morons: :D

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I didn't realize you could go back to stock, kinda stupid on my part I guess. Sounds like Matt would rather have someone else do the test anyways.

Latest posts

Members online