Hughes performance transmissions

punkrockford

Reaction score
Since i live in the phoenix area and these guys are in my neighborhood, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with there upgrades and or complete transmissions? I know they are primarily known for drag race applications but I thought I would seek your guys opinion.

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
I have all their parts in my trans, other than the converter. Local shop built it using their clutch packs which they machined for, their shift kit. Really the only thing not Hughes in mine is the converter.

I use Eric's tuning for my 6.0 and I would probably opt out of the shift kit. I had a cracked valve body shortly after the build (replaced under warranty) and from reading, many don't go with a shift kit anyway. I had Eric turn back the line pressure and let the shift kit do its thing.

punkrockford

Reaction score
i ws just looking at there torque converter and clutch kits. i am not going crazy with power and will most likely never do a 4 wheel boosted launch so it sounds like ill be ok with a hughes upgrade?

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
I like mine. Shifts good, and not slipping anymore. I have a 6.0, but with Erics Xrace X tune, the thing flat out hauls (for a relatively stock 6.0). The extra clutch packs are always a good idea, just have to have it machined to fit them. I can't say anything about their converter since I have a different piece in mine. Who would be doing the build for you?

08SUPERKING

Reaction score
what do they machine to fit the xtra clutch pack... and what does there kit cost...
Thanks,

punkrockford

Reaction score
I like mine. Shifts good, and not slipping anymore. I have a 6.0, but with Erics Xrace X tune, the thing flat out hauls (for a relatively stock 6.0). The extra clutch packs are always a good idea, just have to have it machined to fit them. I can't say anything about their converter since I have a different piece in mine. Who would be doing the build for you?

I would just take it to hughes and have them do it, since they are only 15 miles from my house

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.