HVAC controls

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Anybody proficient in the dash wiring or configuration of the HVAC system controls? I have the urge to convert my truck from the analog knobs to the digital control center found in the lariat and KR trucks and I want to know what Im getting myself into before hand lol

Dzchey21

Reaction score
A guy did it awhile back and there is two.pins that need to.be swapped in the harness to make it work. Not sure how the dual climate controls work out. I know its possible but i'm not positive its worth the work.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
A guy did it awhile back and there is two.pins that need to.be swapped in the harness to make it work. Not sure how the dual climate controls work out. I know its possible but i'm not positive its worth the work.

Remember who it was by chance?

I just wanna do it for aesthetics.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I wanna say his name was Dave or something holler at mike d I think he gave him some pointers on putting in sync into an 08 truck

co04cobra

Reaction score
I actually was just messing with this today. From the best I could tell to make it work right you need to swap the dash harness. I had a rolled 08 lariat truck I was robbing parts from for my x.l.t 08.

The digital hvac controls have only 2 plugs going into the back. The standard has 1 plug and a old style 4pin plug for the fan control.

The eatc always uses a different blend door actuator and blower fan resistor too.

I had also read in the past for the steering controls to work you need to change the clockspring, but I can not confirm that as of yet.

I am going to install the EATC in my truck eventually even if I have to swap the dash harness.

Ill try and report back once finished.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Where you located? Lol

Settlemire and I were working on it for awhile. He sold his truck and I lost interest. Like co04cobra said, it's pretty involved

Matt

Reaction score
I thought it was plug and play. If not, I'll just stick with manual controls.

87jumpy

Reaction score
The only reason I would want to make the swap is to have external temperature display. That's my one of my biggest complaints with my 08.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

co04cobra

Reaction score
The only reason I would want to make the swap is to have external temperature display. That's my one of my biggest complaints with my 08.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

That is one of the biggest reasons Im going to do the swap also. I added all of the lariat stuff to my 00 7.3 truck too.

I can see the EATC being a specific option for the lariat trucks, but no outside temp is retarded. That sh!t has been around since 1988 and I can't get it on a 40K+++ truck. :morons:

Its been available on x.l.t f-150s since 1999.

Latest posts

Members online