Hypothetical head ideas

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I think your biggest issue is going to be that making a new billet camshaft isnt even remotely cheap for one move. Also, that would probably rule out any stock appearing turbo set ups, not that it matters.

I'm probably pushing as much as anyone else is for the new head situation, as my new motor needs heads that flow as much air as physically possible. Just making the situation happen is another story

B585Ford

Reaction score
I think your biggest issue is going to be that making a new billet camshaft isnt even remotely cheap for one move. Also, that would probably rule out any stock appearing turbo set ups, not that it matters.

I'm probably pushing as much as anyone else is for the new head situation, as my new motor needs heads that flow as much air as physically possible. Just making the situation happen is another story

What, in your opinion, is the biggest factor preventing this from happening (expense, small demand, space limitation, water jackets near the runners, etc)?

Last edited:

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
What, in your opinion, is the biggest factor preventing this from happening (expense, small demand, space limitation, etc)?

For one. Most shops are way too busy to try and figure it out, or dont have the overhead to money up the engineering costs. Demand is such a small factor, and in reality, how many tire kickers will you have at 5-8K for a set of heads. Not many people will actually money up.

B585Ford

Reaction score
For one. Most shops are way too busy to try and figure it out, or dont have the overhead to money up the engineering costs. Demand is such a small factor, and in reality, how many tire kickers will you have at 5-8K for a set of heads. Not many people will actually money up.

Thanks. That's what I meant by small market. A lot of people would be interested, but probably not of people willing to pay $8-10k for heads. I know any product development takes some initial investment and I figure heads have to be one the most expensive ones.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Ok since these dreamed up heads would probably only ever be put on a dedicated competition truck, lets say just for arguement sake they are solid without waterjackets to eliminate some of the engineering and make more room for larger ports to be cast? And if they ever took off then worry about casting some water passages for more street friendly trucks.

Last edited:

powerstroked08

Reaction score

The way I was thinking about it would keep all of the stock valvetrain components from the cam to the valves. I know they would be expensive but any head option would be. And I really hope to see your truck with a nice new billet set on it someday:evil. Its an animal now!

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
The way I was thinking about it would keep all of the stock valvetrain components from the cam to the valves. I know they would be expensive but any head option would be. And I really hope to see your truck with a nice new billet set on it someday:evil. Its an animal now!

This was in response to a 6.7 style head with inverted flow. The cam would be a completely different profile to do intake/exhaust backwards essentially.

Know what'm sayin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

powerstroked08

Reaction score
This was in response to a 6.7 style head with inverted flow. The cam would be a completely different profile to do intake/exhaust backwards essentially.

Know what'm sayin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I get what you are saying. But I just didn't know if you knew what I meant about just moving the ports to the opposite side of the heads to retain the intake and exhaust valves as intake and exhaust valves.

01PSD

Reaction score
There's already a picture of something like that on here... I think sonicsuperduty is doing it to his 6.0 puller

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Well that would be cool to see. I would assume you can still only go so far with the port size but by making the runner shorter you will gain a large amount of flow. Is that correct?

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
nopics.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.